New Rider/V-Star - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

New Rider/V-Star

Hey, just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I just got my endorsement last month and I bought my first bike, a 2013 V-Star 250 last Friday. Since Friday I have already done 200 miles and can't get enough of the ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 12:12 AM

Welcome to the forum! This is a great place to discuss Yamaha bikes! Lots of folks with experience that can give good advice. Have fun and be safe!

BLUE BIKE CLUB
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 03:17 AM
Super Moderator

howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5655

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 05:42 AM

Great, another V Star 250 rider!

Welcome to the V Star Forum. I am also a new rider with a brand new 2013 V Star 250. I also have about 200 miles on mine. I try and ride at least three times a week. I am getting much better at shifting. I no longer fear heavy traffic. I know you will enjoy the 250. I like its light weight and agility. Have fun stay safe.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 07:02 AM

Garage
Welcome to the forum Mahlachi. Great scoot you got but I'm very affraid that you will be getting a very serious illness in the not to distant future. We call it CC-itiss. It's a very delidebating condition that mainly affects the pocketbook and the size of the smile on your face .

Tell us a bit more about yourself and post a pic of your bike; we all like pics here. Some even like to onvite you to their BBQ. Others will offer to airbrush fairies on your bike.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by habjr View Post
Welcome to the V Star Forum. I am also a new rider with a brand new 2013 V Star 250. I also have about 200 miles on mine. I try and ride at least three times a week. I am getting much better at shifting. I no longer fear heavy traffic. I know you will enjoy the 250. I like its light weight and agility. Have fun stay safe.
Yea, I love the bike! Right now it is at the shop so they can hook up lizard lights and flash brakes tomorrow. Was kind of bummed that it was not here but rain today so no biggie, lol. Anyway shifting and clutch control on take off are really the main thing I am trying to get used to. I have never driven a manual transmission on anything except for a quad about 15 years ago. Even though I am told that the 250 will get old quickly I plan on using it for at least 6-12mo minimum before I consider a new one. I have saved money back for when it happens. My only thing that bothers me is the sound... The 250 is very quiet and I want it louder so I am easier to notice. I wish I could find a way that the shop could make it louder with out any carb or other issues. If anyone knows anything about that please let me know. Thanks and happy riding!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 07:17 AM

Hello Mahlachi. Welcome to the forum. There are lots of well informed folks here. If you've got questions this is the place. Where are you riding?

2005 Road Star 1700 Silverado & Star Light Model 19 Trailer
Mustang Seats, Passing Lights, Hwy. Bars, Throttle Lock, HitchDoc Trailer Hitch.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO Rider View Post
Hello Mahlachi. Welcome to the forum. There are lots of well informed folks here. If you've got questions this is the place. Where are you riding?
I am from Jefferson County, Missouri about 25 miles south of St Louis. On my phone right now so I'll have to get pics from my PC or wait until the bike is back and get pictures with the lights. Considering doing my first poker run in a few weeks (6-2) that is going to be about 2mi from my house. So far my longest ride was about 20 miles to drop the bike off yesterday at the shop for the lights.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 09:40 AM

Great riding out in Jeff Co. I like running out Hwy. 21 down to Hwy. 47 and into Bonne Terre.

2005 Road Star 1700 Silverado & Star Light Model 19 Trailer
Mustang Seats, Passing Lights, Hwy. Bars, Throttle Lock, HitchDoc Trailer Hitch.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO Rider View Post
Great riding out in Jeff Co. I like running out Hwy. 21 down to Hwy. 47 and into Bonne Terre.
Yea, yesterday I rode MM over 30 which turns into 109(V I think) to eureka. The road has a bunch of rock wall on once side and a river on the other side. Mostly shade with spots of sun going through....looks like a motorcycle commercial. There is a poker run on 6-2 from House Springs Lions club - Catawissa - cedar hill - Desoto - back to house springs. Only $25 with dinner and music. I might go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode