1100Vstar 2004 convert to trike need advise - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Smile 1100Vstar 2004 convert to trike need advise

I love to ride. I do not want to give up my bike.. I am thinking of converting my vstar 1100 into a trike. I have alot of questions. I see alot of three wheels. then there is just the two wheels in the back. I like the two wheels in the back.
What is the difference between the three wheels in the back compaired to the two wheels??? Which handles better for my type of riding or does it matter??
We do alot of mountain riding. and country roads and some freeway. If that would help.
Thank you in advance for all your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5655

it can be expensive to convert your bike to a trike. what's the reason you want to do it? you might want to post your questions in the v star forum on this site to get more responses

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5655

it can be expensive to convert your bike to a trike. what's the reason you want to do it? you might want to post your questions in the v star forum on this site to get more responses

Hi thanks for your reply. We went to trike shop and there is not kit for my vstar for the way I want to do it.(Lehman make????). At times when we been riding along time ( all day) I have been getting more tired and I have almost dropped it several times NEVER dropped but almost .I will Not put myself or other riders in arms way due to my arms being weak AND I WILL NOT GIVE UP RIDING.So, next best thing is a trike.My husband says i am being to hard on myself and its happens to the best of them they just don`t have the guts to say so. He says i am over thinking .Maybe I will see going on our long tirp next week. I will give myself one my time to getting back to being one with my vstar.

Last edited by mrs.ladyrider1959; 05-18-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator

that sounds like a great reason to trike out your bike. even if it weren't a physical thing, if you've lost some confidence in your ability to ride safely, then it seems you're smart enough to make a change to correct or compensate for that. and you've got the passion to want to keep on riding.

you may want to check out these guys since they have a lot of different kits available.

http://www.triwing.com/

looks like they have a 1100 kit for under $7K. you can call them up and ask about differences in handling. you may also want to check out the Can-Am. 2 wheels in front, but new revolutionary way of riding.

http://www.spyder.brp.com/home?__utm...utmk=122575243

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 07:06 AM

Garage
Welcome to the forum. Riding in confidence is a major factor in you being safe so triking out you bike is the way to go. As Bevo mentioned, there are a few options available to you. Have you looked into having a kit custom built? The spyder option is a good one also but a bit on the expensive side. Good luck in your search and let us know what you found.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 06:04 PM

check out my tread the title is 1100 v star trike it is filled with information that I have done to my bike to convert to a trike it isn't complete as of yet but I have rode it put a few miles on it now without any problems the original post is created my athomas81 that's me if you need help just email me I will help any way I can
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 09:20 PM

OK... this is a weird option and I have NO idea what kind of cost is involved but it may be cheaper to get a sidecar added to your bike. Gain stability without modifying your bike to the extreme, gain luggage/storage/passenger room (maybe be able to bring the dog on longer trips?! ) and relatively easy to convert back if you find that you want to sell in the future (or if your confidence/strength comes back). Major drawbacks are you are now as wide as a car (but a trike conversion will pretty much do that anyway) and there are some cornering issues until you get used to it.

'06 VStar 1100 Classic - black with ghost flames!
Cobra sissy bar and luggage rack
National Cycle windshield
National Cycle quick release hardbags
Lindby engine guard
Driving lights mounted to engine guard

More to come when I save enough cash!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 11:05 PM

There are a few companies out there that seel bolt ons. These are the three wheels in the back that you referred to. Cheaper than going full trike and you can revert back to two wheels in minutes when you want. Sorry I can't think of the names of the companies, but they advertise in all the bike mags.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode