Hey there from Columbus, Ohio - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Hey there from Columbus, Ohio

Semi-new to motorcylces AND forums! Recently gave up trying to restore our Glastron boat and traded it up for a '99 V-Star 650 Classic. It's been my "dream" bike for as long as I can remember, (is that nerdy?) so it's kind of awesome to finally get the chance to own one.

The 'new' bike has a little bit of work to be done on it... (missing a lot of body parts; fenders, side panels... and the exhaust is kind of a mess). The fella we traded with had started to "customize" it and well, he didn't seem to have any idea what he was doing! ha! We're not grease monkeys by any stretch, but can work our way through most things.

The BF has been enjoying riding it for a few weeks, while I am trying to work up the courage to get on it myself. All in good time, right?

Anyways, that's kind of a novel there, sorry! But it's nice to meet you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 03:38 PM

Welcome! Always nice to have another lady on the boards If you are feeling a bit leery of your new baby, I suggest taking an MSF beginners course. It will give you the confidence to get on your new bad boy!

'06 VStar 1100 Classic - black with ghost flames!
Cobra sissy bar and luggage rack
National Cycle windshield
National Cycle quick release hardbags
Lindby engine guard
Driving lights mounted to engine guard

More to come when I save enough cash!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

BF is getting ready to do the BMV's course!

I'm a bit clutch nervous. I originally started learning on a Honda Nighthawk motorcycle with my BF's paranoid step-dad, but he kind of made me more nervous. But a girlfriend suggested spending a weekend with her out on her property on a dirtbike to get a feel and getting more comfortable with a bike and a clutch.

If all else fails, I'm just as happy as a passenger! Are passengers allowed to post here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 04:26 PM

Garage
Welcome to the clan eh. MLady has a very good point. Take the MSF and you'll be kicking the BF off that bike in no time . You should post a photograph of your ride maybe even two. This will enter you in the weekly draw for either a truck load of fresh Canadian snow or a BBQ served up by one of our Krazy members.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Hi there Corsair. I would love to post a photo, still trying to work that out with the help of the "How to Post Photos" New Members Introduction thread... unfortunately all of the photo links posted in that how-to post are not showing up for me... so I guess I'll figure that out eventually!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 05:23 PM

Garage
do you have the same issue with Mike2006's post on how to post? If not use his. Let me know and if you still have issues, I'll try my best to help.

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 10:19 PM

Welcome to the forum....
All I got to say is GO BUCKEYES...... I think the dirt bike idea is a great idea. Relax and it will come. I had a friend who had the same issue. We went out and bought a cheap $500 bike off craiglist and did the church parking lot a few times. Then we started going on roads that were straight. Then curved and now they are a great rider. They have been to a safety course and also signed up for race school ( which no matter what we ride I think race school is a great idea).
Does your BF have his own bike ? Maybe you should rent him yours. This way you can buy all of us cool mods for our bikes...

2006 Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight.

Give blood Play Hockey
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 01:05 AM

Welcome e for sure, but still not a single pic, eh? We Canadians can get a bit testy fur sure. And ya don't want me and the Corsair coming down to da states and knocking yer nice ladies around just to get some silly pics. So post up, and ye also be entering fur da weekly prize drawing of a brand new set of dem Metzeler tyres and a custom paint job by forum member b00p.

So giddy up and post em!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2007 Stratoliner 1900 S {RIP July 21, 2017}

2006 V Star 1100 Classic
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator

howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting once you get it fixed up

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5655

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Alright, aborted trying to use Flickr to upload, switched to Photobucket. Success!
(Don't mind the hillbilly back porch mess, we're overhauling the house and everything seems to be living on my porch. Yikes!)

BF does not have his own bike, I guess we're "sharing" right now. He LOVES riding, so we thought we might as well wait to see if I end up riding before buying 2 bikes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode