Greetings Programs! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Greetings Programs!

Hello everyone. My name is Mark and I recently bought a 2001 VStar 1100. It is replacing my 1996 Kawasaki Vulcan, 1500L. That bike was my baby...but she died due to circumstances which are a long story and kind of painful. Lol.

So, the VStar is the new bike. I'm a fan so far, although who in the world designs a bike with the oil filter tucked away behind the exhaust pipes? I mean seriously...I have to do what?? Sheesh.

I have lots of plans for her. Highway bars, floorboards, new seat...that's just to start. I don't even know what some of the favorite modifications are, I haven't looked into that yet. Right now, I just want to enjoy having a working bike again.

Okay, I guess that's enough. Just thought I'd introduce myself. If any of you were ever on VROC, I had the same sign in name there. Jake106. I changed it to Mark eventually. Talk to you all later,
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 12:57 AM

Welcome Jake!

Love the 1100 as I ride one myself. Also love pics of new member rides (even if it is purple with fairies ). Just post em up - we won't laugh much.

And do share the fate of your last bike, or suffer the pain of us making up our own stories. I envision you lost the bike playing a game of strip poker while you were in prison last month.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2007 Stratoliner 1900 S {RIP July 21, 2017}

2006 V Star 1100 Classic
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator

howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5655

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 06:10 AM

Welcome to the forum. Please post up some pictures of your new bike.. Wen I had the v star 1100 I said the same thing about the oil filter. Just silly..
Well please tell us the long story since both miescha and B00p aren't doing anything to the rebuilds. So I need something to read..

Also why 2 first names ? Jake mark

2006 Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight.

Give blood Play Hockey
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 09:07 AM

Garage
Welcome to the forum eh. So you lost the bike playing strip poker in the slammer. Who won it; Bubba? You must of got a real sweet deal cause that paint job is a special edition and only very people have it

Post a pic or two of that new ride, post often and tell us where you go for the best rides in your neck of the woods.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Eh, where to start?

I took my old bike with me to Okinawa Japan for my last tour in the Marine Corps. I had, what seemed at the time, the brilliant idea of taking the bike and using the time on island to do some work on her and tour the island with the wife. Instead, I spent 2 1/2 of the 3 years deployed and the bike sat in the humid salt air of a tropical island.

It is now a dead machine. I didn't have the money or time to fix it up, so I sold it for scrap and bought the VStar. I REALLY loved the Vulcan, it was kind of an emotional event. Like putting down an old dog...I felt like I was getting rid of an old friend. That's the long story.

Two names is just habit at this point. Jake106 is my login name in a lot of forums, I just use it everywhere I go. But my name is Mark and I don't see the need for being mysterious on a motorcycle forum. Ill probably end up meeting some of you all at a rally someday, why add to the confusion?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 04:36 PM

1. Welcome
2. Thank you for your service to our country
3. Sorry about the old bike
4. Look into ORK (oil filter relocation kits) for the 1100 - just search the forum and you'll find lots of info. Probably should be an early mod

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Dirt:
Holly - '93 Honda CR250

Street:
Vanessa - '04 650 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode