Maple Ridge, BC Canada - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Smile Maple Ridge, BC Canada

Greetings,

I'm Linda. At 45yrs I had never even touched a motorcycle. It was on the "to do" list. I got up one morning by myself, went to a Harley dealer & without even sitting on it I bought a 2001 883 Sportster. I had some one ride it to my house & signed up for lessons that day. I rode the Sporty till 2003 when I got a 2000 Heritage Softail. Fabulous bike! Rode hard, rode about 9000 miles in a 6 - 8 month season.

Then one day.......6 blocks from home a Dodge cargo van made a mistake & took me down. Left leg ankle to knee shattered wide open, right collar bone snapped like a wish bone. You'd all be proud, no crying!!!! That's right, had the rescue crew fetch my cell from my bike, push #10 & called the best bodily injury lawyers we have here.

After a long physical recovery, psychologically even longer. A divorce. I realized I needed, wanted to ride again. My brother rides a 2005 Roadstar 1700. He encouraged me to get a Vstar 1100. After searching, I walked into a dealer last week & there he was....2008 Vstar 1100 Silverado, 4000 mi & $5000.00 worth of extras. A repo. $6995.00 Again, I did'nt even sit on it. "Here's a deposit" I'll be back. Picked him up, my brother rode him for me. Got on the next evening, wow, nervous!!!! but once I got out of the parking lot it all started to come back to me. Went out yersterday for 3 hrs with my brother. Felt good. I love the bike and hope to have at least the next 10 yrs on him.. oh yeah, I'm now 54.

Anyone else in the lower mainland of BC out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 03:00 PM

Glad to hear that you made it thru, got yourself back to gether,
and that you're up on two wheels again, way to go!
Have fun and enjoy.

Now 2010 V STAR 950 T
Former bikes were
1982 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim
1977 Harley Iron Head Sportster
1970 Triumph 500 Hard Tail Chopper
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 04:19 PM

Way to go. I just got back on myself after 5 years. I know how had that can be Way to get back on the "Steel Horse"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 03:46 PM

Bodies heal fast

Some times it takes the soul a little longer to heal. welcome back to life and the ride.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Thank you all. When I got hit, May 3/06 I thought no big deal, I'll be riding to Vegas come September. Not! Physically it was hard but, emotionally.......Whoo. Some days I did'nt know how I would get through. Some days even the sound of a motorcycle was enough to almost put me over the edge. But something was missing......I tried to think of other things or hobbies to get into but just could'nt think of anything else. It's been scarey getting back on, I'm very critical of myself. But I feel alive!! With daily practice I will over come. Picked up a great book called "Maximum Control" that is helping. My bother rides a 2005 Roadstar 1700 & is riding with me. Am breaking myself in gently.

This is a great place to meet all of you. I wish you could all come up to British Columbia & ride with me. I know you would love it.

Cheers,

Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode