New Member - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

I have been riding for over 40 years, and usually on old BMWs. 2 months ago I just sold my newest bike, a 1981 BMW R100RT. Then tried to figure out what to get to replace it.

I was tired of the old school stuff and wanted to get into the 21st century. Eventually decided on a 2005 VStar 650 Classic. I know, people have already told me it is too small or underpowered. But I really don't think so. It fits me fine and I have already had it up to 140KPH, which is fast enough for me. It is comfortable and seems to work just fine. I like the stock pipes, as they are fairly quiet, but can give a nice throaty growl. You have to remember I come from riding very quiet Beemers, so the throaty growl is much more than what I am used to. I don't like loud pipes.

So far I have found some very good and interesting information on the forum and look forward to conversing with some of you.

I reside in Qualicum Beach, BC. Maybe some of you are near by.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 09:30 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum Dave. It's not the size that matters, it's the smile it puts on your face, right? You should post pics of this new ride so you don't get harrassed by the pic police. They can get a bit antsy and if you post before midnight tomorrow you can win 10 pounds of smoked atlantic salmon. With the stable you had over the years, you must have a story or two you could share with us, rides you went on and road side fixes we could all benefit from.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

I will see about getting a nice photo over the next few days. My problem there is, whenever I go have a look at the bike, I have this huge urge to get on it and just ride. It is just so comfortable. As to smiles, well, we do have some bugs here and actually caught a few in the teeth today. The windshield is just at the height I like, but occasionally the bugs seem to have found a way to ride the wind currents directly into my face. They are crunchy! lol.

Once I get to know my way around the forum more, I might write up about some of my experiences on my biking travels. Might be some funny ones as well as some interesting times out in the middle of nowhere trying to fix some problem with bailing wire and duct tape.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5655

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 09:57 AM

I'm a little south of you--enjoy the ride.

BLUE BIKE CLUB

2012 V-Star 950 Tourer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode