New Stratoliner owner - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Smile New Stratoliner owner

Hello from Cleveland Ohio (close anyway),
I just purchased a new to me 2007 Stratoliner with 19000 miles. My prior bikes include a CB350, CB750, VT1100, GS650, Valkyrie Standard, and most recently an ST1300 (which I sold to get the Stratoliner.) I have always joined forums for the bikes that I own, and have always found them very informative and helpful. I look forward to learning from all of you...

Thanks,

Mohan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 08:22 PM

Good choice

Mohan,

I live near Warren, not to far away. Sometimes ride with the local Star group. Had my 06 Stratoliner for 5 seasons but, four years. Fourtyfive thousand miles. No trouble, love it.

Different bike than your ST 1300. Different style of riding. Bet that HP was tough.

Dave
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Glad to hear you are enjoying yours.. I have missed having a V-twin. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and let me get some time in the saddle before it's time to put it up. What do you do to all that chrome to protect it over the winter? The ST had none, so I never worried about it...

Mohan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 08:09 PM

Winter

Mohan,

I don't do anything special to the chrome but is does have some wax on it.

My bike is stored in a non heated garage. I put a cover on it, and use a trouble light to put a light bulb under the bike. Hopefully this will make it just a little warmer and no moisture will collect. I use a trouble light so there is no danger of the bulb touching anything. I use a battery tender on the battery.

Dave
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 11:04 PM

Bought my 06 Stratoliner last year, love it. Have had a lot of bikes in ny 40 + years of ridding. Think this is the best. Looking for cruise control option for it. Any suggestions?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkurup View Post
Hello from Cleveland Ohio (close anyway),
I just purchased a new to me 2007 Stratoliner ...VT1100..
Mohan

Welcome. I went from a VT1100C to a GL1500 to an '07 Strat. Might have been the transition sequence, but I find the Strat handles a great deal like the VT1100C despite the 300lb weight difference. Looking to put a set of Yamaha Touring handlebars on mine in the Spring; loved the buckhorns on the Honda and I think the Yamaha touring bars will give me back the same kind of control input I liked so well.

Enjoy your ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode