I'm another new fella. - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

I'm another new fella.

G'Day Everyone.

A while back bought myself a 98' model 650 Dragstar. She is a lovely old bike needing a little restoration that I have been working away at in the garage. I'm having a little short/backfeed electrical problem with the rear blinkers but have a mate looking at it next week to hopefully sort out. Looking forward to getting it registered and on the road. It is fitted with aftermarket Tombstone tailight and blinkers that are mounted on the the rear of the arms. Has anyone else with these type of aftermarket blinkers had any electrical shorting problems. I'm planning a few more things for her in the future and look forward to talking to you all in this forum.

All the best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 07:54 AM

Gday

Gday Mate.......Where are you at???......
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Gday Frog

G'day Frog, I'm from Sydney, NSW. It's just started off a grey old day here for the beginning of the long weekend. Hope the weathers better at your end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 06:18 PM

Garage
G'Day to yal too and welcome here. I here that you have to own a bank if you ride a motorcycle in Aussieland
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 03:12 AM Thread Starter

G'Day.

G'Day Farmalldanzil.

Thanks for the welcome. In Oz the VStars you can buy new for around 12000k. I bought mine for just over 5000 being an older bike and needing a little cosmetic work but it has a custom paint job which looks nice, I need to do a little work on the front fender. I have friends that ride HD's and yes, you do need a bank for one of them, on average around 15000 to 35000k. I didn't pay that much for my car!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 05:18 AM

Don't a lot of four legged critters create problems riding a bike in your Country, are is that BS. I've been to a lot of Country's but never been there.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

G'Day OldBanjo. There is a bit of truth about four legged critters causing problems, and some two legged critters too like roo's (kangaroo's) who can just hop straight out in front of you from the side. A buck roo can stand taller than a man and get some speed up on full hop, and have no probs clearing a two metre fence. Cars hitting them can have the roo's going through their windscreen. The problem is only at night mainly. We also have wombats, a stumpy four legged animal about as thick as a tree trunk and built like a tank. They are known to write off a vehicle if it hits one at speed when they try to cross a road at their slow speed. This is in rural area's mainly and folks living in these area's generally have bull bars on the front of their vehcles for a bit of protection, unfortunately we can't do the same on a bike. Having said all this I havn't heard of two many bikers being injured by them, but if your riding out in the bush at night they can be a risk. Hope it helps.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 11:12 PM

Gday

At least the roo's taste alright.........Its them bloody drop bears we have to look out for...Nasty little mongrels they are.......
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 07:13 AM

Garage
Say do you think that a rider's bell will work for dropbear's
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 04:37 AM

Dropbears

Nope......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode