a new guy - Rochester NY - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

a new guy - Rochester NY

Hi all..

I learned to ride just this year and my first motorcycle is a 1999 V-Star 650. I thought this forum might help me learn a few things about bikes in general and the V Star in specific.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 07:00 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum. V-STAR 650 is a good bike to build your riding skills with.Just take you time and look all around and then look one more time again .
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 07:43 PM

welcome I also ride a 1999 650 great bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 09:25 AM

G'Day

G'Day Bill T

I joined just the forum around the same time as you. I have bought a 98 Dragstar (has Vstar on the tank) but on the rego papers has Dragstar? I'm looking forward to getting it on the road after some cosmetic work. I'm just getting back into riding after a long time and in Australia here the 650 Vstar has a great reputation, especially for for leaning on. They are pretty hard to come across as people hold onto them and they hold their value. All the best with the new bike mate.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the welcome folks!

Aussielad,
I hope you get out on the road soon.. The weather is changing here so riding time is becoming more limited... I just learned this weekend how important warmer gloves are! My summer ventilated ones just aren't enough when its 55 or less... ;-) Another excuse to shop at the local Bike stores!

See you around the forum..

Bill
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Kitwit54 good, simple advice!
I can already feel the difference in my confidence, but dont want to become complacent... My brother-in-law just had a serious injury and he has been riding over 30 years.. No one else involved, just wrong place at wrong time, and a bit of sand/gravel at 50mph.. He has been wearing his neck/body brace and "halo" on his head due to 3 ruptured vertebrae... I dont think you can ever be too cautious! I saw him this weekend and he asked me to promise to ride with him next Spring ;-) I am sure he can teach me a lot.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_t View Post
Kitwit54 good, simple advice!
I can already feel the difference in my confidence, but dont want to become complacent... My brother-in-law just had a serious injury and he has been riding over 30 years.. No one else involved, just wrong place at wrong time, and a bit of sand/gravel at 50mph.. He has been wearing his neck/body brace and "halo" on his head due to 3 ruptured vertebrae... I dont think you can ever be too cautious! I saw him this weekend and he asked me to promise to ride with him next Spring ;-) I am sure he can teach me a lot.
Looks like he already gave you one lesson. Glad he's on the mend and looking forward to spring rides. Gotta love the "get right back on that horse" attitude.

Last edited by stratowart; 10-04-2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: added a word
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Stratowart... yeah.. he is quite a guy. Cant wait to get on the road with him next year. Of course, next to his Heritage Soft tail, my 650 is kind of a "mini-me" lol Maybe there is an 1100 in my future.. ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode