custom star bike info - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

custom star bike info

Hey folks, newbie here. Enjoy all the discussions I have read so far. I am looking for some info on a particular bike. The bike is a (I believe) star custom chopper that was featured in the 2006 star calendar. I am looking for specs on the bike as to who the builder was, frame specs and any other info regarding this bike. Thanks for any info. I called the star company and they had no info. I have searched all over and can only find pictures and desktop wallpaper of the bike.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chopper.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	546
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 06:24 PM

I don't know any specs , but it looks like it is based around a warrior powerplant or even possibly a road/stratoliner . Looks like a pro street frame with about a 35 degree rake.

SMELL MY FINGER

RED BIKE CLUB It's Lonely At The Top
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the site. can't believe Yamaha had no info on the bike that they feature in their calendar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 05:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMNKYLVE View Post
I don't know any specs , but it looks like it is based around a warrior powerplant or even possibly a road/stratoliner . Looks like a pro street frame with about a 35 degree rake.
I am thinking it is a warrior but not really sure. I just can't believe that with all the information on the world wide net I am unable to find any info on this bike.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
welcome to the site. can't believe Yamaha had no info on the bike that they feature in their calendar
I was kind of shocked when they told me that. They said that all they have is the pictures that were submitted and the owners name but could not give that info out.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 06:26 AM

Garage
Here are the cal/pic

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/calendar/cal.aspx

ROAD STAR 2006 5th roll 4th photo over. All so you can lift click any photo and set as a back drop for free

Last edited by farmalldanzil; 01-15-2011 at 06:34 AM. Reason: as
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyLee View Post
They said that all they have is the pictures that were submitted and the owners name but could not give that info out.
missing out on a huge opportunity to include at least the shops that customized those bikes. most of those bikes were probably outfitted by one particular bike shop or another and seems like they should list the particular shop that worked on that particular bike. i've come across a couple bike shops online here and there who have featured a bike on their site that made it to the calendar. maybe Yamaha doesn't want to get involved with unintentionally advertising for others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode