Gday from Queensland Australia - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Gday from Queensland Australia

Hi everyone, I have had my 2006 vstar 1100 classic for a few years now but only just stumbled across this forum while I was looking for info on mods. I bought the bike in 2008 with about 2000kms on the clock(about 1200-1300miles????) from a deceased estate. I have got a V&H exhaust and some billet grips on her at the moment and have a lowering kit with hd springs from PCS ready to be installed when i can be bothered. Ill be buying a few other goodies for it as time goes by. One question i do have, will a 200 section rear tyre fit without modification? some good info on this forum and will certainly be around here a while.

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 03:07 AM
Super Moderator

howdy. i think a 200 might be pushing it. someone else tried to put a 200 on their 950 which has the same stock tire width of 170 as your 1100 and the dealer they went to told them there wasn't enough clearance under the fender to make that happen.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 06:03 AM

G'Day Dan.

You'll find this forum helpful. I'm relatively new, restoring an old 650 V Star but this is a good forum and a lot of good people.
You go okay in the Cyclone. I have close rello's on the Gold Coast but they have dodged all the trouble thrown at you guys so far being so south. Hope the forum helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 07:26 AM
Banned

Good grief! Now the Australians are ganging up on us!

First it was the Alabamans, then the Floridians, then the Texans, and now two MORE southerners!

A warm welcome from the cold Plains
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 07:53 AM

Yeah you yanks better watch out, we are comin, we'll be armed with singlets, thongs, boardshorts, and a carton of grog under each arm. We get dangerous after a few beers and are a force to reckon with
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 10:04 AM

Garage
Thumbs up Did you say cartoons of grog

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 03:04 PM

Yes Farmal, Aussies are quite renowned for bending the elbow and enjoying a few beers. We blame the hot climate. I think in America they use the term 'Booze Hound', down here it is 'Grog Monster'.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Its called being a Grog Monster? I just though it was normal......... As far as the cyclone goes it was only a cat 5 so my house is still standing. biggest issue was the power went off and my beer went hot!! hmmm so is it just the fender getting in the way or are there other bits like swingarm etc? what is the widest tyre that will fit on with out modification? Maybe i need to get my oxy rig out and dust off the cutting torch.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode