New Guy with old soul! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2
New Guy with old soul!

Hello all,

I am new to the forum but not to bikes, had harleys had rockets and finally found my true love, 09 Raider!!!!!! I built a 2003 V star from the ground up to learn more about bikes, I learned a great deal about the Star bikes and then I drove the beast!! I will forever be a Raider-holic and love everything about it....except the pipes. I am looking to get a new sound and wanted to see if you have any suggestions. I have been married to vance hines for years but love the sounds of cobra, anyone have a suggestion? If not no worries it is a pleasure to be among you all,

Ride hard!!!
Sanchoflex is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 02:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Aussielad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 1,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchoflex View Post
Hello all,

I am new to the forum but not to bikes, had harleys had rockets and finally found my true love, 09 Raider!!!!!! I built a 2003 V star from the ground up to learn more about bikes, I learned a great deal about the Star bikes and then I drove the beast!! I will forever be a Raider-holic and love everything about it....except the pipes. I am looking to get a new sound and wanted to see if you have any suggestions. I have been married to vance hines for years but love the sounds of cobra, anyone have a suggestion? If not no worries it is a pleasure to be among you all,

Ride hard!!!
G'Day Sancho, welcome to the forum. You will get heaps of info here and someone will reply soon re your question about the pipes.
Aussielad is offline  
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 06:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Jarhead1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 923
x2

Welcome aboard Sancho! This is a pretty awesome forum we have here...and like Aussie said, someone will definitely have info on the pipes real soon. I have to wait until next year to get the pipes...money is tight. But there's things I want to do all around.

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." -- Benjamin Franklin
Jarhead1100 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator
 
bevo1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 12,846
howdy. be sure to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=4014

pipes are all about personal preference. and personally, i prefer Vance & Hines. i they they give more of a beefy and steady rumble than Cobra. Cobra just seems too staccato/choppy for my taste.
bevo1981 is online now  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 07:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Aussielad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 1,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead1100 View Post
x2

Welcome aboard Sancho! This is a pretty awesome forum we have here...and like Aussie said, someone will definitely have info on the pipes real soon. I have to wait until next year to get the pipes...money is tight. But there's things I want to do all around.
JH, I was wondering when you were going to get some aftermarket pipes for your bike, but know exactly where your coming from with the money factor.
Aussielad is offline  
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Jarhead1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussielad View Post
JH, I was wondering when you were going to get some aftermarket pipes for your bike, but know exactly where your coming from with the money factor.
Aussie, I've been thinking off doing the old hole saw trick and pulling out the rear baffle. Just to get a little sound without the cost of a full exhaust replacement.

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." -- Benjamin Franklin
Jarhead1100 is offline  
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 06:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: near Chartres (France)
Posts: 319
Welcome Sanchoflex !
Isabelle is offline  
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2
Thank you all for your hello's and helpful info.
Sanchoflex is offline  
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Junior Member
 
Yecats11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 12
Send a message via Yahoo to Yecats11
My husband has an 09 Raider. He put a set of Cobra pipes and a fuel processor on his about a month ago and loves it...
Yecats11 is offline  
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 10:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Aussielad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 1,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead1100 View Post
Aussie, I've been thinking off doing the old hole saw trick and pulling out the rear baffle. Just to get a little sound without the cost of a full exhaust replacement.
I think there are a few clips on youtube about that if it helps. Saw one with one of those new Honda 400cc cruisers. By the time the owner cut and drilled out the baffles it sounded like a yammy 1100 with drainpipes on it that would put a bigger bike to shame!
Aussielad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome