Just saying Hi - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Just saying Hi

Hi Guys
Just joined your forums, been looking over here in the UK but not many dedicated Star forums over here. I ride an 1100 V Star classic (2009) had it from new. done a couple of mods, drilled air intake and fitted K&N air filter to help it breath a bit better, Custom pearl white paint job, DIY rider backrest (Still needs 1/2" Stainless Steel studs round edge), Jardines oil relocation kit (thats still dripping new O rings on order.) Looking to put pull back bar risers on (keeping standard cables if possible) also looking for advice on lowering back end but we do have some mean speed humps on some of my local roads so clearances are an issue. Undecided on weather to put a light bar on.
My previous bike was a Hayabusa but I have a shoulder/arm injury and the forward riding position was a problem so I was riding my wifes trike and the upright cruiser riding position did not cause the same problems so decided to buy the V Star. Will post a few pics of my ride ASAP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S View Post
Hi Guys
Just joined your forums, been looking over here in the UK but not many dedicated Star forums over here. I ride an 1100 V Star classic (2009) had it from new. done a couple of mods, drilled air intake and fitted K&N air filter to help it breath a bit better, Custom pearl white paint job, DIY rider backrest (Still needs 1/2" Stainless Steel studs round edge), Jardines oil relocation kit (thats still dripping new O rings on order.) Looking to put pull back bar risers on (keeping standard cables if possible) also looking for advice on lowering back end but we do have some mean speed humps on some of my local roads so clearances are an issue. Undecided on weather to put a light bar on.
My previous bike was a Hayabusa but I have a shoulder/arm injury and the forward riding position was a problem so I was riding my wifes trike and the upright cruiser riding position did not cause the same problems so decided to buy the V Star. Will post a few pics of my ride ASAP
G'Day Ken,

Welcome to the forum. The V Star is a lovely balanced bike. I have an old 98 650 but regardless of CC's everyone says they all handle excellantly. My old bike is also custom painted toffee (metallic deep gold) on the sides and pearl white metallic on the top married with black and then a silver pinstripe. Look forward to seeing pics of your bike.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator

howdy. be sure to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 07:58 AM
Banned

Hello Ken, I'm a "Yank" but hey let's let by-gones be by-gones. LOL!

Welcome to the 4M!

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 08:47 AM

Welcome aboard Ken !
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
Welcome aboard Ken !
That's my line As Isabelle said, welcome aboard Ken. This is a great forum and has a ton of great information. And don't even get me started on the crazy people we have running around here. Have fun and keep the rubber side down.

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." -- Benjamin Franklin
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome you guys (Includes ladies) Went out on the bike this morning after trying to sort out an oil leak just for a test you understand and came back this afternoon with an additional 109miles on the clock, opps! but it is not leaking any longer dear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode