Lady Driver with a new 2010 V-Star 650 Silverado - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 06:37 AM Thread Starter

Smile Lady Driver with a new 2010 V-Star 650 Silverado

Hello everyone. Thanks for letting me join your forum. I just purchased a new 2010 V-Star 650 Silverado. If anyone has any tips about the bike I would appreciate them. Also I will be adding some accessories, if anyone has some good reliable web sites to purchase v-star accessories, it would be greatly be appreciated.

Drive Safe
Reboot123
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 07:48 AM
Banned

Welcome to what has now become "your" forum.
There are a lot of V-star 650 owners on here too. I'll predict you will enjoy this group.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 08:03 AM

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your riding machine selection. Remaining active in forums like this will better enhance your ownership enjoyment; I know, it has mine.

Now on to your questions: First of all, if you have a topic you'd like to shed light on, try the "search" feature. If you have not found the answer you're looking for; just ask. Plenty of hands-on experience and accumulated knowledge around here.

For you reading enjoyment and general useful info, go to: http://www.sloneservices.com/SilverB...ar1100-FAQ.htm.

Accessories abound on the world-wide web. I've had good personal experience with a couple of the larger more established aftermarket companies. Again, if ever in doubt, just ask on the forum.

One good option to take is to check out photos of the different bikes members post on here. You'll get some ideas as to which one gives you the right "bling" and its usefulness too. I'm fortunate that the area I live in has a good population of bikes and aftermarket stores. I usually would go to one, give the product a good look and if the product is something I would personally use like a helmet, riding jacket, etc. even try them on for correct fit and look. Then I shop the Internet of the same product and compare prices, warranty (exchange option). This allows me to get the most for my money when I do decide to purchase the item. Don't forget to check out the advertisers on our forum too.

Wishing you many miles of smiles.

“Sursum Ab Ordine”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 09:23 AM

Hello to all, another newby!!!

Just purchased a new 2009 V-Star 1300 a month or so ago. I have ridden before, almost 30 years ago and just now have come back to it. So far besides the heat its been real nice. The only hard part is finding more time to ride.... Its harder now than when i was a kid. I think too much now. I wonder what the cars and trucks will do and whats coming up behind me...But its still very nice and i can't wait for some cooler temps. I plan on keeping my bike stock for the most part but have added halegen passing lamps, a quick release windshield and back rest for when the wife rides. And some black leather bags to carry my lunch amongest other things. I plan to use it as a commuter and am tickled at how short my stops at the gas stations are. I love Yamaha and have many of thier products. Hope everyone rides safely. Just saying Hello.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 10:40 AM

Welcome aboard you’ll love this forum and you will love your scoot, I’ve owned many bikes in my life and non of them come close to my V-Star, my wife and I are even talking about the possibility of going to Sturgis, something I’ve always wanted to do. My scoot came pretty well loaded but there are a few things in my mind I want to do, I don’t have any experience with places to buy accessories but one thing I do is look at the pictures and try in my mind to figure out how certain things would look on mine.

Again, welcome and enjoy.

2003 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic, two tone Pearl White / Taupe
Vance and Hines exhaust
Wind Shield
Crash Bars
Saddle Bags
3 head lamp kit
Chrome wind deflectors/fairings
Cruiser pegs
Flip down passenger running boards
Passenger back rest
AIS Removed/Plugged
Clevver clutch lever
PODs K&Ns W/PCV
Jetted & PMS Tweaked 20.0/150 3.5 turns
Stock Needles 2 Shims
Custom speedometer face
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 03:14 PM

Welcome aboard, Reboot.

I had been a dirt rider for many years, but decided I wanted a cruiser last year. I bought a 650 Custom and rode it for about 8 months until I upgraded to an 1100 about a month ago.

Loved that 650.....just needed a little more.

I bought some stuff online at West End Motorsports. Their prices seem to be about midling and they have a pretty good selection. Free shipping on over $200, too. Many other sights as well.....just google v star 650 parts.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 11:09 PM

Location: rainy side of washington state now reside in Blackfoot,Idaho
Welcome aboard both of you reboot and widow maker.Reboot you will love that bike my wife has an 02 and she is also a forum member here. You have found a site with a lot of laughs and good people. Be safe and keep the shiny side up.

2007 Stratoliner S
Reckless batwing
Sony am/fm cd mp3 4 speakers w/500 watt amp,8in sub
12 inch ape hanger bars
Roadhouse slip on exhaust
K&N air filter with lid mod
Cobra Fi2000 powrpro auto tuner
Kuryakyn mustache bar
Corbin low profile solo seat
LED running lights front and rear
21 inch chrome raider front wheel
200 tire on the rear
113 Hd eating tire smoking cubic inches
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 07:48 AM

Welcome Reboot !
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 09:16 AM

Hi Reboot thiis is HD Eater's wife, well better put, his better half... LOL I know your going to really get enjoyment out of your 650, I ride one too. Mine is an 02 and it was chosen bike of the month last month on this forum if you would like to see a pic of it. There are a lot of great websites that we buy from for our motorcycles. One of them is Dennis Kirk, which so far they have been very quick about getting our product to us. The other is Motorcycle Superstore, and again they are quick. We have ordered from Cruizer Customizing in the past and found that they are very very slow with the shipping. We have actually canceled an order from them because they were taking so long of getting it shipped.
Enjoy your bike and ride safe.
Cruisin650
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

howdy. be sure to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode