Hi from Florida - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Taz

Red face Hi from Florida

Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself - I am Taz (short for Tazeen). I have a 2008 1100 V Star Classic - her name is Maxine. I love to ride. I guess you could say it is my stress release. But then again, since I work at the Happiest place on earth how could I have stress. Well anyway - I do have a question. I was reading some of the threads and ran across the one with the hard to start problem. Maxine is like that. I bought her in MI in 08 - and had some problems there - but nothing like here. She came with slip on's and I was advised I did not need to get it re-jetted. But I just had that done - thinking that would help - it did not - but she does run better. However, back to the question (as you can tell I ramble on and on and on...) oh the question - someone advised or asked if the individual turned the pitcock off after turning the engine off. Do I have to do that everytime I stop to fill up with gas???? Love any suggestions. Ok I will sign off now. ByeBye
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Banned

Welcome. My name is Springer...that's short for...Springer

Welcome Tazman...
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 09:42 PM

Welcome from where ever i might be. My name is SparkyD, thats short for SparkyD. You didn't mention where that 'happy workplace' is? McDonalds?

Flatulence is natures way of reminding us to laugh at ourselves.

The views expressed above are those of the author and may, or may not, express the views of those around me. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. No animals were harmed in the typing of this messege.

'05 V-Star 1100 Midnight Custom
slightly modified
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 09:40 AM

Welcome Taz! Coming from Mickey's House or Harry Potter's?

On the issue with hard starting, I have heard a number of V Star owners using Seafoam to clear their carbs up. I'm not sure why you have to go to the "off" position when you're only stopped long enough to fuel. I turn my fuel valve to the "off" position if I know I'll be stopped for long periods only.

Enjoy.

“Sursum Ab Ordine”
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 11:35 AM

The fuel cock deal is bogus. I leave mine "ON" all the time except when needed to refuel. That is an old thing from the leaky Harley days. Clean your carbs really well with Sea Foam and maybe replace your sparkplug with a hotter one. You should be ok.

My feet on the pegs and lots of time to go where the road leads.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 12:17 PM

Here's the web link to Sea Foam:

http://www.seafoamsales.com/

“Sursum Ab Ordine”
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Taz

Hey everyone - thanks for the advise on the Sea Foam and the spark plug. One would think that would have been changed out with the 22,000 mile check up - but it was not. Will let you know how Maxine handles the Sea.
And I get it on the Taz short for Tazeene - funny.
And the Happiest place on earth is of course none other than Mickey's house - or as I like to call it - I work for the "Rat" haha!! But seriously - I am one of the lucky ones to work in a good area with great management - boy am I glad they can't/don't subscribe to this forum. Anyway - thanks again - will let you know.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 01:32 PM

Hidy from a former Disney World Cast Member (lol at what they call an employee). I actually miss that job, just couldn't hack the city life.

Frank
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 02:35 PM

I like to refer to it as the worlds largest gift shop!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

howdy. be sure to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode