Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

New Old Guy

912 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  bevo1981 
#1 ·
Yep, new to forum, yep, 63 years old, and yep, a guy.
Just purchased a 2014 V-Star Deluxe. Been riding all my life and gave up a 2008 ZX-14.
Have had several bikes in my time and this is by far the most different one I've had. Floor boards, comfy seat, wide handle bars, a winscreen that actually does something, provisions for ipod, GPS, and the list goes on.
Only had a short break-in ride but it was a real nice experience. Can't wait to get this baby out on the road!:D

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum from Northwest Illinois. You're younger than I was when I bought my first motorcycle. That was three years ago and I was 64. Been smiling ever since. I have put over 8,000 miles on three bikes since then and look forward to many many more. Post often and ride safe.

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum HRN from just a bit north of you. Good looking machine you gots yourself. With all that time on two wheels, you surely have a few stories to tell, ride places to share and one or two gator bbq recipes for Keith. Looking forward to reading your posts.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

#7 ·
Yes the Fairing is Factory, I haven't started doing any mods "yet". Maybe by the weekend I'll have the Passenger Back-rest and Floorboards on (they are supposed to be in today or tomorrow).

Probably could remember some road stories to tell and possibly a few unintended off-road ones too! :eek:

No gator bbq recipes though, I'm right near an active gator area, I should have some. :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.