Another New Guy - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Smile Another New Guy

Hello all!! I have been without a motorcycle for 30 years, but last year convinced my wife, and she did agree, that I'd like a new motorcycle, while I could still ride one. She agreed!!!! Shes a wonderful woman!! Anyway I got a 2014 Roadliner S. I wanted the bags and chrome, but also wanted the blue color. Hence, the Roadliner S. It is everything that it's cracked up to be. Ride is great, as well as handling, fit and finish, paint, chrome, location of controls and options, and sound. I did a lot of research, and decided this is the bike for me. As I said, a long time,,, it's been 30 years since riding. I go back to the days of the BSA's, Triumph's, and Norton's to name a few. The days when you didn't need a M/C license, just a Standard Transmission was all needed. I also was a New Hampshire Trooper for a while and was on the reincarnated, first, M/C Squad back in the late 70's, riding Kawasaki 900's. As a Trooper we went through hours of training on the Kawasaki, both defensive driving, pursuit driving, as well as just motorcycle control. I have done lots of practicing on this Roadliner since May when I got it. You could find me in one of several different parking lots early in the morning relearning the handling characteristics of this motorcycle and learning my balance etc. In short I'm having one of the best summers that I've had in many years and owe it to my new Yamaha Star Roadliner S!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5655

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 08:57 PM

Garage
Smile

Welcome to the forum from Northwest Illinois. Great to have you on board and look forward to reading your posts on being an M/C trooper. The Roadliners are awesopme bikes and I'm sure you are smiling from ear to ear. Shoot us some pics of your Blue Machine. Post often and ride safe.

Working on my 'bucket list' and enjoying every minute of it!!

Old V Star Man
2007 V Star 1100 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 09:50 PM

Garage
Hi and welcome to the forum. Love your enthusiasm, and glad you're back in the saddle again. As OVSM said, we're looking forward to seeing some posts on being a trooper on two wheels. Send us those pics of that roadie, or Annie will put out a bolo on you! Lol. Ride safe and post often!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode