Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Hello from Blairsville, Georgia

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Aussielad 
#1 · (Edited)
Just purchased a 2009 Stratoliner.
Won't get the bike for few days. Can't ride comfortably until some mods are made.....mainly about 3" of pullback. I'm a little guy and these Strat's seem to be built for big people.
Previous bike was 2008 Kawasaki 1600 Nomad. Put 43K miles on the Kaw. Great bike but too top heavy and was becoming a chore to muscle around. Since I'm an old fart went looking for a better balanced machine.
Like most other newbies, I'll be looking for help until I get comfortable with the new Strat. :)

Anyway, looking forward to meeting new friends....

#2 ·
Anyway, looking forward to meeting new friends....
And here's one now...

Welcome victim...er...new person...:eek:

I suspect after the Nomad you're already comfortable on the Strat. I was looking to replace my cramped and top heavy Goldwing and tested the Kawi Voyager/Nomad. Good grief!! It took two strong men and a boy just to get it off the kickstand:(

I put on the Star touring handlebars and an Ultimate seat. It improved on perfection;)

Enjoy the warp drive engine:)

#3 ·
Welcome aboard fellow liner rider.Great choice you made in bikes and forum.You will find out soon that this place you landed on is a great place to hang out when not on the back of your scoot.Lots of laughs here with good info to back it up from great people.
Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

#4 ·
Everybody here is outa sight
They don't bark and they don't bite(except Springer)
They keep things loose they keep things alive
It's a super natural delite
Dancin' in the moonlight.... Oh, sorry, was listening to the radio. Anyway, Hello and welcome!:D

#5 ·
Welcome from the State of Liquid Sunshine :D

#8 ·
I see you have met King Old Fart Aussielad:D

#11 ·
Hey.......what.........when was I crowned King Old Fart???? With all these farts no wonder this forum is full of hot air:D and Sparky got his name 'Sparky' due to his ability to drop a big paralizing back door blast, someone lit a match near him once and paid the price, hence his name:eek:

#10 ·
Census vote submitted!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.