Just joined with new 2013 950. Pics included. - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Just joined with new 2013 950. Pics included.

Hello all. I just joined and wanted to intro myself. Tuesday I bought a 2013 950 leftover. Matter of fact, the dealer had just uncrated and put it together Monday. She had 0 miles on her when I rode her home.

I've been riding on and off for 10 years. I already ordered my first mod. PCS lowering kit. Stage 1 is next. I currently have an 85 shadow vt500 that has been bobbered. It is currently up for sale as I don't have the room for both bikes.

I love this thing. Still breaking it in, so I'm up and down with speed and rpms. Here's some pics. Looking forward to getting to know all of you. Also looking forward to helping and learning.

here's my bobber. I've done a lot of work to her. Wiring alone took me 30-40 hrs. Stripped down to the frame and painted it. Installed new/used motor. She runs great. I modified the stock dual pipes and she sounds great.

STOCK

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 10:56 PM

Garage
Smile

Welcome to the forum from here in Northwest Illinois. Happy to have you join us and look forward to reading your posts. Nice looking 950 and great job on the Bobber. Post often and ride safe

Working on my 'bucket list' and enjoying every minute of it!!

Old V Star Man
2007 V Star 1100 Classic
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 11:08 PM

Garage
Hi Neko, welcome to the forum and the world of owning a 950. Love my '09 950. Impressive intro and i totally agree with OVSM. Great job on the bobber. Where are you from, and do you have any good local bbq recipes we can include for the upcoming forum book, "grillin the hammy and thinkin bout my yammy"? Ride safe and post often!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 12:19 AM

Welcome from almost always sunny San Diego. Both bikes are great looking. Question. the bezel on top of the tank for the instruments looks as though it is flat black; did it come that way or did you paint or wrap it? Thanks and enjoy your ride. I just bought a 14 950T about 3 weeks ago and love riding it.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
Hi Neko, welcome to the forum and the world of owning a 950. Love my '09 950. Impressive intro and i totally agree with OVSM. Great job on the bobber. Where are you from, and do you have any good local bbq recipes we can include for the upcoming forum book, "grillin the hammy and thinkin bout my yammy"? Ride safe and post often!
Thanks for the welome guys.

I live in S. Jersey and I'm 43. I'm a mechanical engineer by trade.

My step dad is an awesome griller/chef. But I'm sure he woudn't release his Scillian grilling secrets..lol. Me...??? I just eat what he cooks. I'm a mechanic not a grill chef...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bac n Black View Post
Welcome from almost always sunny San Diego. Both bikes are great looking. Question. the bezel on top of the tank for the instruments looks as though it is flat black; did it come that way or did you paint or wrap it? Thanks and enjoy your ride. I just bought a 14 950T about 3 weeks ago and love riding it.
It came the way you see it. Thats what drew me to it. The 41mm satin black/silver forktubes and the black console.

Oh and thanks for the props on the bobber. I'm not goin to do a lot to this bike. It doesn't need it..lol But I will be lowering it in the rear only. I will be adding a stage 1. I will be adding apes and I will run the wiring internally. I might move the switches from the bars like I did with my 500 and clean them up. But that won't be until next winter, if at all.

I wanna add some lighting too. My wife wants to ride with me so I'm gonna get some hard bags. Basically she gonna be a custom bagger bobber with a nice ride...lol
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 05:21 PM

Garage
Welcome to the gang eh. I'm with the others in saying congrats on your new sweet looking ride. Your bobver is good looking also and it should sell quickly. Make sure you post often, share your ride spots and stories, visit your dad and tell him that there's a bunch of bikers coming for his bbq if he doesn't offer up some recipes .

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
^^^...hahaha...I'll be leading us..lmao.

Thanks again felllers, for the warm welcome.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5655

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode