Hello from Long Island NY - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Hello from Long Island NY New to Forum. My ride Pics included

Hello from Long Island NY........Have 2010 Vstar 950 touring.......came across this forum on a search engine and decided to join...........

Stock Bike except:
Cobra slip on (my favorite feature), Mustang Seat, Chrome options here and there, Cobra Air, saddlebags, sissy bar and Cobra rack.

Very impressed with the performance of this bike....Always liked the look of this bike from Day 1.............

Last edited by Maverick898; 10-21-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 09:31 AM

Garage
Hi Maverick, welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of owning a 950t. Love mine! We'd love to see some pics of your bike, and the best Lon Gisland bbq recipe for Corsair, our canadian Chef and 1100 owner. Ride safe and post often.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 03:48 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum eh. I hope you looked around the forum a bit and found out that with joining this forum and owning a 950, you'll have to study and pass the infamous Bevo exam. You'll be getting a detailed course on the history of the 950 followed by the exam. Once you pass the exam, you will receive all the help and advice you need; some might be bike related to . Post often, post pics, share you favorite ride locations and tell us what gift you're sending our resident 950 cheerleader Keith .

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 05:06 PM

Garage
Smile

Welcome to the forum from here in Northwest Illinois. Glad to have you join us and look forward to reading your posts and seeing pics of your bike. Post often and ride safe.

Working on my 'bucket list' and enjoying every minute of it!!

Old V Star Man
2007 V Star 1100 Classic
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 12:35 AM
Super Moderator

feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5655

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 11:50 AM

Garage
Nice looking ride!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the warm welcome and praises..............
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 07:33 PM

Welcome, nice ride!

I was born, raised, spent most of my life on Long Island, South Shore of Nassau County. I can almost swear that park in the background of your photo looks like Wantagh Park, but so many look the same along the bay.

Anyway, it was a great place to grow up and spend most of my adult life there, then 8 years ago, we moved to the land of the free, so free it took time to realize how much we lost up there, I wouldnt want to go back to live there but the memories were and always will be some of the best in my life on Long Island.

2014 Road King (current)
08 V Star 1300 Tourer
07 Suzuki C50 Boulevard

"debt is dumb, cash is king" ... http://www.usdebtclock.org/
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Ha you are extremely close, not Wantagh Park but on the west side of the Meadowbrook....so your a LonggggggIslander transplant down in SC, thats great, plan on moving there in a few years. we have our share of high taxes but the best pizza anywhere.................
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 02:13 PM

Ah yes, taxes, we have a new home here more then 2 times larger, a great room with 16 foot ceilings, and taxes 1/3 of the small LI home, gasoline now $2.80 a gallon and electricity 50% less per kilowatt hour so it cost less to cool and heat, new home more energy efficient, BUT finding good pizza was a challenge ! We did find a couple of good places then an excellent one opened up a few miles from our home.

With that said, again, there are times when we miss the island and friends but never could live there again, wide open roads here is why we got into motorcycles and I'm just a couple hours from the Smoky Mountians, tail of the Dragon, Maggie Valley NC and just this summer rode up to Gatlinburg/pigeon forge TN, that is where I traded the 1300 for the road king, on our last day up there in pouring rain.

Not sure if this is the forever place, who knows, maybe another decade a little further south to the FL panhandle or 2 hours east of us Charleston right now we are in the middle, between Charleston and the Smoky mountains.

2014 Road King (current)
08 V Star 1300 Tourer
07 Suzuki C50 Boulevard

"debt is dumb, cash is king" ... http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Last edited by alarmguy; 10-22-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode