New Member, Old Rider - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 05:52 AM Thread Starter

New Member, Old Rider

I have been riding for 50 years and have had Yamaha's since 1967. I currently have a V Star 1100 with a Voyager Kit that I call my 14" training wheels. I have bone issues caused by cancer, but it keeps my "in the wind" so I put up with all that "old man stuff" and keep riding. Nice way to get the grandkids out and about too because mom doesn't worry so much with that set up. Hope to get some help from time to time here......Papa T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 06:18 AM

Garage
welcome. you came to the right place for help. lots of good folks here. been riding for 44 yrs myself. what neck of the woods ya from?

POW/MIA Chairman
Lehigh Valley Chp.415
Vietnam Veterans
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

You are not so far from me and have the same winter weather. Got my first bike in 1965 in Kansas when working Radar Repair in the Air Force. I am in Upstate NY about 25 miles south of Rochester out in the country. About a mile from US20 near the Finger Lakes region with lots of nice roads and hills for riding through some pine forest and vineyards. It is my R&R these days. Sold an original Venture when the cancer came that had 115,000 miles on it. I have grandkids in Tulsa, OK and Oakland, CA and USAF friends all the way so have been across the country a few times. No more of that now, but still riding and that is the best therapy for my wife (of 45 years) and I. Up here we have had some frost and so it is starting to think of putting the V Star in it's winter place and tuning up the snow thrower. It is always close and on a battery tender just in case. I do think of my friends in the south that ride all year round, but I like the seasons.

PGRNY member

Last edited by dlterpstra; 10-27-2014 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Added more information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 10:40 AM

Garage
Hi Papa T, welcome. Love your spirit and wed love some pics of your bike. Thank you for your service to our country. Ride safe and post often.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 05:55 PM

Garage
I join the others in welcoming you to the forum eh. Sure would like to see pics of your bike, read more posts, see where you like/liked to ride and read the ride stories you have to offer.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Bike

I am still learning your web site. I did put up a couple of pictures in an album that is labeled as public. I also put up one of them as a profile picture but I do not see it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5655

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode