New Member Intro - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Duc

New Member Intro

Greetings from New Mexico, been riding for 35 yrs. retired military (Air Force 21 yrs) I have a 2001 V-Star 1100 Classic, given to me by my wife as an anniversary gift and been riding it since (she's a keeper-both my wife and the bike) I have close to 200,000 miles on it. It's down right now for electrical problems but I'll get it figured.
Well for right now to all my fellow riders "Keep the rubber on the road and the wind in your face" Everyone ride safe and God Bless
The Ducinator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 11:37 PM

Location: rainy side of washington state now reside in Blackfoot,Idaho
Very impressive on the mileage and welcome to the forum.Please tell us more on the things you have done to the bike in 200k.Wow.Just a heads up that you should post some pics.We take that very seriously around here.You also have to bring a sense of humor to the board.Not required but highly recommended.Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.Don't forget the pictures.

2007 Stratoliner S
Reckless batwing
Sony am/fm cd mp3 4 speakers w/500 watt amp,8in sub
12 inch ape hanger bars
Roadhouse slip on exhaust
K&N air filter with lid mod
Cobra Fi2000 powrpro auto tuner
Kuryakyn mustache bar
Corbin low profile solo seat
LED running lights front and rear
21 inch chrome raider front wheel
200 tire on the rear
113 Hd eating tire smoking cubic inches
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 11:39 PM

Welcome from where ever i may be That's awesome you've been riding for 35 years. My arse hurts after only a couple hours You must have an aftermarket seat, mine is still stock Enjoy the forum and don't forget to bring your humor

Flatulence is natures way of reminding us to laugh at ourselves.

The views expressed above are those of the author and may, or may not, express the views of those around me. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. No animals were harmed in the typing of this messege.

'05 V-Star 1100 Midnight Custom
slightly modified
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc View Post
I have close to 200,000 miles on it.

you earned it
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 10:49 AM

Greetings from Santa Fe Duc! Good to see another Land of Enchantment rider out there. Thats some impressive mileage on your bike there. I'm only up to 50K but its just an '07 and I stopped racking up the miles so quickly going back and forth between here and Ruidoso so often when I got another bike to split the miles across.

If you are having electrical issues you are fortunate to have a V Star 1100 guru just down the road from you in Bent. Talk to Tim Bondurant, tell him Lynx sent you Heres his website http://www.metric-magic.com/ Although his site could use some work he's done some truly amazing and innovative things to these bikes, you'll have to check out the clear porthole he has put into his clutch cover as his latest mod. I'm sure he'll get you sorted quickly if you need the help and will be a good source for parts for you there without having to go all the way to Las Cruces or mail order things.

Cheers,
-Lynx
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Banned

Welcome to the 4M.

200K! Holy saddletime Batman! I'd have to add up all the odometers from all my bikes to reach that total, and possibly fall short of that number too,,,,then again, I ain't retired yet LOL!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 05:24 PM

Garage
My dear Air Force retiree, you should of parked the bike for a quick moment and read the bbok of newb. It contains good information on what to do on your first post if you don't want to be harrassed by the book of newb keeper. I would believe you on the 200k but as the book states "if it's not posted, it don't exist" a pic that is.

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Air force retiree. enjoy the site and post often.

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 06:31 PM

Welcome to the site!

2009 Yamaha Stratoliner
2009 Aprilia Shiver
2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 Silverado - Sold
2001 Yamaha VStar 650 - Sold
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Duc

thanks for the info on Tim, I think I heard of him, not sure. Does he have the shop near the post office? Think I'll go up this weekend (or a least try) thanks again-stay in the wind
Duc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode