Greeting from Fargo, ND - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Greeting from Fargo, ND

Greetings and salutations fellow Star Riders!

I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I've been riding since the beginning of 2008. Starting with Sportbikes, but since my wife got into a wreck in the summer of 2008, I had to move to something a bit more comfortable for her. However, I do miss my 2006 Ninja 636 dearly. I currently ride a 2006 Road Star Midnight. I bought this beauty in Las Vegas, NV in 2009. Since then it has undergone some minor transformations. Changed out the Ramair Intake, 2 into 1 with a crossover dual exhaust, and Mustang Seats for a Stock intake (might change to the Yamaha Sportster intake), Vance and Hines Longshots, and Stock seating setup. I have removed the oversized saddle bags and the windscreen (for in town use, I keep it around for the long highway rides). I have also had it repainted, due to a bad factory paint job, to a more traditional two-tone paint scheme (Midnight Black on the top with a Peal White on the sides). Unfortunately, I will not be able to post pics since it is still in the paint shop. For whatever reason, the paint keeps lifting on the tank. Hopefully, I will get it sometime soon. When I do, I will be putting Metzler Whitewalls on it. And Finally, I will be removing all the fake chrome accents that were on. If it's going to have chrome, for the love of god, it's going to be real chrome and not chrome covers.

Since I have had the time to look at all the beautiful bikes on the web, the Raider has really caught my eye. And now that I haven't had a chance to ride my bike since last fall, I am really having motorcycle fever. Since I miss the sportiness of a sport bike but want the comfort of the cruiser ride for my wife. My current dilemma is do I trade my Roady for a Raider or look for some other style?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 09:58 AM
Banned

I've never heard or read where the Raider is a comfy two-up ride.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 10:17 AM

Fargo, hey? Maybe trade that Road Star for a tan Oldsmobile. Then you can pull that wood chipper around!

Anyway, welcome to the bored! Hope you get your ride back soon!

2007 Vstar 1300 Tourer
Too many bolt-on goodies to remember!

Gone but not forgotten...

Memeber of the Black Bike Club -- Fastest Color Available!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Nah, I don't drive GM vehicles. Nothing against them, but not a huge fan of them. However, my F150 pulls the wood chipper around quite well.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator

howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5655
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 02:17 AM

Welcome to the forum mate.

2000 VStar 1100 Custom
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 05:56 AM

Garage
Welcome to the forum Darkseed.

You must be in cohoots with the other newbs and are writting a new chapter in the book of newb. The title must be "Excuses for not posting pics". Excuse 1: Unfortunately, I will not be able to post pics since it is still in the paint shop. Excuse 2: It's still at the dealer and so on. That's a good thing as we need more info in that book

Just to let you know theere are some here in the forom they's needs pics cause they's reedin skills ain't the bestest.

Enjoy the site, post often and don't forget to keep it shiny side up

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 09:21 AM

Location: rainy side of washington state now reside in Blackfoot,Idaho
Welcome aboard Darkseed79. Sounds like it's going to be a pretty awesome looking scoot.I have 3 friends that ride with me that have Raiders and one rides 2 up all the time.The other 2 is part time 2up rides. None of the passengers complain. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. When you get your bike back.

2007 Stratoliner S
Reckless batwing
Sony am/fm cd mp3 4 speakers w/500 watt amp,8in sub
12 inch ape hanger bars
Roadhouse slip on exhaust
K&N air filter with lid mod
Cobra Fi2000 powrpro auto tuner
Kuryakyn mustache bar
Corbin low profile solo seat
LED running lights front and rear
21 inch chrome raider front wheel
200 tire on the rear
113 Hd eating tire smoking cubic inches
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseed79 View Post
Greetings and salutations fellow Star Riders!

I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I've been riding since the beginning of 2008. Starting with Sportbikes, but since my wife got into a wreck in the summer of 2008, I had to move to something a bit more comfortable for her. However, I do miss my 2006 Ninja 636 dearly. I currently ride a 2006 Road Star Midnight. I bought this beauty in Las Vegas, NV in 2009. Since then it has undergone some minor transformations. Changed out the Ramair Intake, 2 into 1 with a crossover dual exhaust, and Mustang Seats for a Stock intake (might change to the Yamaha Sportster intake), Vance and Hines Longshots, and Stock seating setup. I have removed the oversized saddle bags and the windscreen (for in town use, I keep it around for the long highway rides). I have also had it repainted, due to a bad factory paint job, to a more traditional two-tone paint scheme (Midnight Black on the top with a Peal White on the sides). Unfortunately, I will not be able to post pics since it is still in the paint shop. For whatever reason, the paint keeps lifting on the tank. Hopefully, I will get it sometime soon. When I do, I will be putting Metzler Whitewalls on it. And Finally, I will be removing all the fake chrome accents that were on. If it's going to have chrome, for the love of god, it's going to be real chrome and not chrome covers.

Since I have had the time to look at all the beautiful bikes on the web, the Raider has really caught my eye. And now that I haven't had a chance to ride my bike since last fall, I am really having motorcycle fever. Since I miss the sportiness of a sport bike but want the comfort of the cruiser ride for my wife. My current dilemma is do I trade my Roady for a Raider or look for some other style?
Hello Darkseed,
I noticed in your post, that you are thinking of removing the tank accents if I am reading you correctly...I am thinking of purchasing an 07/08 Roadliner in the near future, and I would like to know if this is indeed a difficult task? I just joined the forum today, and I was going to start a thread inquiring about this very thing, but I cannot seem to start my own thread. My apologies, and all the best...
j2
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 09:37 PM

Welcome aboard

Flatulence is natures way of reminding us to laugh at ourselves.

The views expressed above are those of the author and may, or may not, express the views of those around me. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. No animals were harmed in the typing of this messege.

'05 V-Star 1100 Midnight Custom
slightly modified
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode