Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Hello from Lawton, Oklahoma :)

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  ValStar 
#1 ·
Happened to come across this site by chance looking for some windshield/sissy bar options for the 2009 V-Star 950 I recently bought and glad I found it :). Been riding bikes since I was 17, with most of my previous bikes being crotch rockets and sports bikes. This would be my first cruiser, and with a lag of over 12 years since my last bike, it sure was quite a difference going to a Cruiser. Looking forward to the camaraderie and hope to see many of you on the road :).

I know you guys like seeing pictures of the rides, so here's a couple I have at the moment - been too busy enjoying the ride to take any pictures.

Couple of days after I bought it - had 19 miles on it when I got it:

With a friend/colleague's Honda VTX1800:

See less See more
#7 ·
That's exactly what my plans were. Most of the guys I ride with have touring bikes and it would be nice to make overnight camping trips and be able to carry a few things without adding a lot of bulk :)

#8 ·
Welcome from where ever i may be :D

#10 ·

Welcome to the forum. Post often and post pics of your new bags when you get them.

Keep it shiny side up :)
Thanks :). I'll do my best to post as often as I can. My other hobby takes up just as much time and resource - Jeeping :). Need to get a sissy bar and luggage rack first. Hopefully soon - bike accessories are more expensive than Jeep parts :eek:

#11 ·
#12 ·
howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7
Howdy. Done.. :)

Done :)

good choice on the 950. not many realize that it is the best motorcycle ever conceived of or build in the history of the universe. and Yamaha makes a killer OEM luggage rack.
I must be honest - I didn't, and still don't, know much about the cruiser world and the 950 is my first cruiser bike. Having mainly owned sport bikes in the past with the most recent one being an FZR back in Singapore, I wasn't sure how I'd like a cruiser. But I've been pleasantly surprised by how nimble it is in handling and extremely smooth. The fact that it has a more aggressive/sporty appearance is what caught my attention to start with and taking corners has taken some getting used to :eek: but, I'm loving it more every day :).

I have looked at the Yamaha OEM luggage rack - and probably may just end up going that route seeing as most aftermarket sissy bars have some poor reviews in fit/finish.

#13 ·
Welcome aboard. Great pics you posted. Be careful about the bull that bevo slings.950's are great bikes but the Stratoliners are the best.Don't let em fool you.Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

#16 ·
Thanks dude :). I feel the wind alright - just feel it a touch too much sometimes - like when doing 110 - 120kmph :D. People say having a windshield helps on long runs. Guess we will find out soon nuf. How're things down under?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.