Hello and a question - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Hello and a question

Hello, I'm a long time rider. Currently on an m109 but looking for a bagger. Just saw a strat delux and was impressed. how do you delux guys like your bike? Any regrets getting this over some other bagger? Not looking to bash just honest evaluation ans I do realize this is a star forum. However, an owner knows more about the bike then anyone else IMO . Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Banned

Before my Stratoliner-S, I had an '02 Warrior (Star's first hot rod cruiser). Loved that engine a lot as I didn't want a liquid cooled bike (except for changing the RH side spark plugs (2 plugs per cylinder), the 'liners have the same issue but it's only a small hassel every 8K to 10K so I just deal with it, usually on a rainy day.

The bags of the Deluxe are bigger than the Strato-S so in that case more is better, both are huge in comparison to the tea bags that hang off the sides of the C109RT's. Maybe the only caution to you is on the gas tank capacity, I'd prefer to have another 1/2 to 1 gallon more for the long trips, but for daily rides/commutes it's just fine. The trade off on that for me is the looks fit and finish which are, in my opinion, second to none, I looked at them all. The Goldwing is fine if you're looking for a half-a-Camry scooter, the HD road king is very sweet but ouch on the price tag.

Good luck with your decision, you'll ,make the right one...I did

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 11:15 PM

Location: rainy side of washington state now reside in Blackfoot,Idaho
Welcome to the forum. I looked at all the big v-twins bikes and ended up with a strat s. I have the same likes and dislikes as wart You can't beat the fit and finish for the price. I almost bought a street glide but 10 grand more no way. My strats walks all over the hds and I am very happy with it. I put a reckless fairing with a stereo on it and a few other goodies so it's close to a deluxe as it can be. Good luck with the decision.

2007 Stratoliner S
Reckless batwing
Sony am/fm cd mp3 4 speakers w/500 watt amp,8in sub
12 inch ape hanger bars
Roadhouse slip on exhaust
K&N air filter with lid mod
Cobra Fi2000 powrpro auto tuner
Kuryakyn mustache bar
Corbin low profile solo seat
LED running lights front and rear
21 inch chrome raider front wheel
200 tire on the rear
113 Hd eating tire smoking cubic inches
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 02:26 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the words. The delux I'm looking at is a new 2010 selling for $15,800 OTD! I'm holding back only because the bike doesn't seem as complete as the competition.
But that price, is making me think "am I just settling cause it's cheap" the stuff I do like is that engine, style and the boxes are top loading. I wonder if I can add cruise and a am/fm/mp3 in the fairing.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Banned

Completeness is in the eye of the beholder, It's all your call. Our job is to ridicule you to the ends of the Earth if you don't go with a Star.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode