Hello from Vancouver, Canada - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Hello from Vancouver, Canada

New member bringing a low mileage Black Cherry '06 Roadliner back to the street after languishing in an old mans garage.
I still ride my BMW K1200 RS for fun but for pleasure, this bike has it all, looks, comfort, fit/finish and power.
The previous owner debadged it so I'm looking for the tank trim. i can't afford the OEM ones so if anyone out there kept there's send me some photos and we can talk.
The weather has been outstanding up here this year so riding a lot.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 08:16 PM

HEY, Johngalt...welcome to the forum. We don't mind if you ride another style of bike. It is so nice that you rescued the '06 Roadliner. How about some pics so we can see your treasure.
Keep the rubber side down, mate..

My feet on the pegs and lots of time to go where the road leads.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5655

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 08:32 PM
eGo

Welcome from Southern MD!!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 12:41 PM

Sounds nice. Welcome from southwestern PA. Sure would like to see some pics of that.

Sonysnek
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 02:25 PM

Garage
Hi John, and welcome! I agree with everyone, some pics would be great and congrats on your new purchase.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 07:19 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Hi John,

Welcome to the forums from the Netherlands, and indeed, the Black Cherry 06 Roadliner/Stratoliner is the best!

Rescued one in a way too - mine had done less than 10,000 miles when got it a few weeks go . Quite the machine, or rather, beast, indeed!

Can't help you with the trim, but possibly you do want to save up for a bit, and get the OEM trim after all....

Kind regards, Wim

Own: 2006 Yamaha XV1900A Midnight Star, Black Cherry, with all the Strat S trims ( (2015-)
Owned: AMF Harley 350SS (1976-1977); Yamaha XS650 (1977-1979); 2012 Yamaha XVS1300A Midnight Star, Dark Grey Metallic G (2014-2015)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

thank you to all who posted

to my friend in Mexico, hello, my wife is from Puebla, I love Mexico, have
holidayed there many times, sometimes beach, sometimes inland.

to my friend in Holland, greetings, I was born in Germany, my bike has 11K miles and, how do you manage such a big machine in Europe with the narrow streets and high gas prices?

to everyone else, hi again. no pictures yet, I work shift and have kids so time is short. I was lucky enough to find and buy the OEM leather saddlebags from someone close on Craigslist and he also gave me his unused windshield for a total of $C800, great deal, I then had them re-keyed to suit my ignition key.

I'm still getting used to the bike and am starting to push it a little. After having test driven other cruisers like the Honda 1800, Kawasaki 1700, Suzuki M90 and M109 and the Warrior I couldn't be happier with my choice! This bike fits me and my driving style perfectly and looks great too!

Still looking into getting the OEM tank trim but very expensive, perhaps will opt for the newer style, still looks good and much cheaper.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015, 10:56 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngalt View Post
to my friend in Mexico, hello, my wife is from Puebla, I love Mexico, have
holidayed there many times, sometimes beach, sometimes inland.

to my friend in Holland, greetings, I was born in Germany, my bike has 11K miles and, how do you manage such a big machine in Europe with the narrow streets and high gas prices?

The streets are fine for a motorbike, the biggest problem is the garage, and turning the bike in a garage which lies underneath the house with a very steep descent, especially considering how narrow garages are built over here .

And the high gas orices: riding a bike is a lot cheaper than riding car, so from that POV it is better to ride a bike than it is to drive a car. The bike is twice as frugal with petrol as my current car is, so no problem yet .

Quote:
to everyone else, hi again. no pictures yet, I work shift and have kids so time is short. I was lucky enough to find and buy the OEM leather saddlebags from someone close on Craigslist and he also gave me his unused windshield for a total of $C800, great deal, I then had them re-keyed to suit my ignition key.

I'm still getting used to the bike and am starting to push it a little. After having test driven other cruisers like the Honda 1800, Kawasaki 1700, Suzuki M90 and M109 and the Warrior I couldn't be happier with my choice! This bike fits me and my driving style perfectly and looks great too!

Still looking into getting the OEM tank trim but very expensive, perhaps will opt for the newer style, still looks good and much cheaper.
The 'liner also rides much better than any of these other cruisers anyway, although the Warrior shouldn't be too bad. It's very easy to corner, unlike most cruisers which really prefer to go in a straight line only.

And the torque, at low revs, well, there is nothing like it .

Kind regards, Wim

Own: 2006 Yamaha XV1900A Midnight Star, Black Cherry, with all the Strat S trims ( (2015-)
Owned: AMF Harley 350SS (1976-1977); Yamaha XS650 (1977-1979); 2012 Yamaha XVS1300A Midnight Star, Dark Grey Metallic G (2014-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode