Another Florida rider joins the club - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Another Florida rider joins the club

Hi Everyone!

Been reading here for a few months now and finally decided that I may have a little input that could be useful.

I have been riding Yamaha bikes for, well lets just say 20+ years. Many of those years were over in Germany where I lived for 18 years but I have now moved back to Florida. WOW, what a difference in the length of the riding season. In Germany you had 4-5 months if you were lucky, in Florida I rode all the way through this year .

In September of last year I purchased a new Stratoliner-S and I am officially in love. What a fabulous bike. There are so many things I just love about this bike, I wont even go into the details.

Okay, enough of the small talk. I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and may a warm wind always be in your face and a rumble between your legs!

Ride safe.

'09 Strat-S Blue' Or as my wife calls her, "The Mistress".

Proud member of the
BLUE BIKE CLUB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 08:48 AM

Hey Welcome to the forum of great people.

And I like your choice of STRAT S, mine is Grey and loaded with all the black goodies front to rear, still sets out there glowing with all the chrome, still gets ton's of looks, has a HD King tourpack on the back loaded with SEE ME NOW Leds, even a blind person can see it.
Everyone is going to bust on your for pictures.
I also spent time in germany while in the Navy, I loved the fact that most of the drivers actually knew how to drive and drive fast, oh I loved that, So on that note, watch your self down in Retirement land, Those folks just don't see anything but maybe a semi.
Enjoy and again, welcome aboard ! And ride safe.

07 Stratoliner S with MS Batwing, MS lowers, Buck lowers, custom large trunk rack, King tourpack trunk, air horn, See me Now tail light and headlight pulser mods. Led lighting all over. Night rider tail light setup on the trunk.

Last edited by dcody40; 05-15-2012 at 08:53 AM. Reason: info
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome dcody40

Yeah, I know about the Pics...I will upload a few when I get home. I need to make myself an avatar too, which I will also do.

Germany was great for a rider. The only downside was the very short riding season. Otherwise it was fabulous, trained drivers, well manocured roads, mountains or flat land to ride on, and autobahns with no speed limits if thats your thing. I have to admit I have taken a bike or two out and really was able to see what it had in it on the autobahn. The good news is, I have all that out of my system now.

Defensive driving in Florida is a must. You are absolutly right about that.

My Strat is totally stock...for now. I get to add all the shiny stuff as I go. I have a list about a mile long of things that I "want". Now I just need another 2 jobs to be able to afford it all.

Proud member of the
BLUE BIKE CLUB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 09:32 AM

I know all about getting it out of your system.

I'm aware there are allot of folks who do ride very mellow, as I do most of the time, but everyonce in awhile in the right time and place I'll crank it up and blast off, I always wonder what the few cage drivers seeing me blast off are thinking, since our Beloved Strats are so big to begin with, and look somewhat bigger when all geared up, I know I have surprised a few, including a few HD riders when I crank it up and leave the scene in a fast noisy way lol. Yep the extra goodies do slow me down some, but with the batwing fairing it's smooth behind it, and seems to cut through the air somewhat better than the stock semi flat windshield it came with, bottom line is it still has the get up and haul from day one, I still don't know for sure how fast it would go, but even at the top speed bursts it's still pulling pretty strong, I also discovered the rpm limiter oneday while blasting off and had not hit 5th gear yet when it kicked in, Oh oh what the heck was that, then I understood that I should shift again lol. Our Maryland drivers have some real bad habits, as do lots of places, one that gets me all the time, is none of them know how to get the hell going on an entry ramp, just poop along at 45-50 and go out and jam up the existing traffic that's moving at 73-80, I just blast off and find me a nice safe hole out there and am in another county before these doinks even get up to the flow speed. Oh I learned to ride/drive in Southern cal, so you have to know how to get out there otherwise you will get run over, shot at or get a ticket for obstructing traffic. I don't cause traffic jams lol. But it's a normal habit with allot of our states lousy drivers, and I'm not even touching on the cell phone, texting idiots. Oh have you discovered one of the Florida habits of stopping on the onramp because a car is coming yet ? oh boy.
Enjoy !

07 Stratoliner S with MS Batwing, MS lowers, Buck lowers, custom large trunk rack, King tourpack trunk, air horn, See me Now tail light and headlight pulser mods. Led lighting all over. Night rider tail light setup on the trunk.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 05:38 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum. I to lived in Germany but only for 4 years and I didn't ride at the time. But I rode the autobahn in the comfort of my german cage; man do they know how to drive over there .

You must of been stationed up north if your season was that short. I lived in Baden Baden and the bikers rode for at least 9-10 months.

Anywho, welcome to the forum again, ride safe and keep it blue side up .

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting after you get it

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5655

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 10:33 PM

Location: rainy side of washington state now reside in Blackfoot,Idaho
Welcome fellow liner rider. What a ride they are no matter what color it is.

2007 Stratoliner S
Reckless batwing
Sony am/fm cd mp3 4 speakers w/500 watt amp,8in sub
12 inch ape hanger bars
Roadhouse slip on exhaust
K&N air filter with lid mod
Cobra Fi2000 powrpro auto tuner
Kuryakyn mustache bar
Corbin low profile solo seat
LED running lights front and rear
21 inch chrome raider front wheel
200 tire on the rear
113 Hd eating tire smoking cubic inches
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. It’s always great to be a part of a group/club/forum of people with similar interest. Like I said earlier in my post, I have been riding for many years and I have met more than my fair share of bikers who were just downright cool to hang out with. I think that is what I am going to find here in this forum. It’s kinda like a gas station in a thunder storm, if you know what I mean. Bikers coming together for a period of time where they sit, share stories, give advice, ask questions, and just wait the storm out until they can get back to what they love doing, riding. I LOVE to ride as I am sure everyone here does, there should be no doubt about that, but I also really enjoy the camaraderie and the company of other riders.

It’s great to be here!

Proud member of the
BLUE BIKE CLUB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode