Help new rider find goggles fit over glasses - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Help new rider find goggles fit over glasses

Hello all. I bought my first bike and it is an 03 V-Star Classic 650. LOVE LOVE it. I am a new rider and new member of the StarBikeForums. I have eye difficulties that require I keep my eyes from too much wind therefore I purchased a full face helmet. At night I find perhaps it a bit too restrictive of my vision hence I am researching goggles (to then perhaps get a different helmet). I need to wear my prescription glasses - so my search for goggles has yet another level or layer to it.

Can anyone recommend goggles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 08:37 AM
eGo

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 10:30 AM

Garage
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/714-...5eoaAgSj8P8HAQ

This is what I wear with my prescription glasses. I know it's not goggles, but it's nice to have the drop down lens (clear or smoke) when I want it. Personally, I keep the clear on it, and have no issues riding during the day. When at night though, the wind pushes my glasses around and vibrates my vision, and the shield helps take the brunt of that wind, allowing me to see better.

*I don't use the drop down shield during the day, but do when I need it at night. The wind does not push my glasses around when I am using the shield.

I hope my experience helps you! Welcome to your V-Star, welcome to riding and enjoy!

2000 V-Star 1100 Classic
600w Amplified Stereo
USB Charge Ports
Hard Leather Saddlebags
Mustang Vintage Two Piece Saddle
Chrome Engine Guard
Puyallup, Washington

Last edited by Rojogrande79; 07-21-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5655

try checking out ski/snowbord goggles

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 12:37 PM

Welcome Penelope, to the forum from southwestern PA. Congrats to you on yer new acquisition. I'm sure you'll wear many a grin whilst riding. Where bouts do you hail, and where are those pics? If you don't post up some pics, Corsair will do his rendition of what it should look like to keep us from wonderin. As for wind protection, does your Classic not have a wind shield? Or does it not provide enough protection? I myself wear glasses and have no problems with them buffeting around while riding with my shield. Nor the wind bothering my eyes. Anyway, good luck in your search and enjoy the ride.

Sonysnek
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 10:02 AM

Sonysnek has a good point. Welcome aboard the floating forum. I too wear glasses and a full face helmet. I use goglesfor the sunlight protection. I have not found any that I like or that are comfortable but my supply is limited here in Mexico.
A windshield is the ticket to eye protection. As Sonysek pointed out with a windshield and a full face helmet you will probably be riding pretty. Have lots of fun and keep the rubber side down.

My feet on the pegs and lots of time to go where the road leads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode