New from Georgia - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

New from Georgia

Just brought home my 2015 V-Star 950 Tourer a few days ago and I love it. It's been a few years in between bikes so it feels great to be back riding. My last bike was an '06 Honda VTX 1300, but the V-Star fits me much better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 06:24 PM

Garage
Smile

Welcome to the forum from here in Northwest Illinois. Happy to have you join us and look forward to reading your posts and seeing pics of your bike. We have a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people here to help with your mods and to answer all your questions. Post often and ride safe.

Working on my 'bucket list' and enjoying every minute of it!!

Old V Star Man
2007 V Star 1100 Classic
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 06:40 PM

Welcome from Lawrenceville, Ga.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 06:41 PM

Garage
You're gonna love the 950t. Love mine, and we're glad you joined us. Where in the peach state do you hail from? Have family in Suwanee. Send us a few pics, and ride safely!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
You're gonna love the 950t. Love mine, and we're glad you joined us. Where in the peach state do you hail from? Have family in Suwanee. Send us a few pics, and ride safely!
I live in Between.

Was gonna post a pic in the picture thread, but guess I need to get beyond newbie status 1st.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5655

little known fact: the 950 was originally conceptualized and designed through a collaboration between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla. since these 2 publicly hated each other, their teamwork had to be kept secret. when their design was completed, they determined that the world was not yet ready for such a masterpiece. Albert Einstein once visited Tesla and this 950 project was then revealed to him under the promise that Einstein would only use such information for good, and never for evil. upon viewing the plans, Einstein was inspired to come up with his theory of relativity. he notated in his diary about his experience and vowed to never tell anyone about the 950 as he agreed that the world was just not ready for it yet. Yamaha founder Genichi Kawakami was an apprentice of Einstein in the early 50s. upon Einstein's deathbed, he bestowed upon his apprentice the revelation of the v star 950 and instructed him to find his diary which included full details and plans which he had memorized and copied down from what he learned from Tesla. after Einstein's death, Kawakami was so inspired by the v star 950 that he decided to create Yamaha just 3 months later with the hope that one day he would have the technology to fully realize the dream of the 950 and that the world might be ready for it. work on the 950 began immediately, but 47 years later, it had still not been completed yet when Kawakami passed away in 2002. but Yamaha kept on with the project, knowing that the 950 was too important for mankind and must be completed soon. then, in 2008, the v star 950 was completed and released upon the world. the rest is history.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 07:51 AM
eGo

Welcome from Southern MD!!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 11:58 AM

Welcome to the forum from southwestern PA. Congratulations on your new ride. I'm sure you'll enjoy yer new ride and get many miles and smiles out of it. Where abouts in Georgia. We lived in Acworth for bout 2 years. Nice place.

Sonysnek
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 06:29 PM

In Between what? LOL, I know you've heard that a thousand times. :-)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehingst View Post
In Between what? LOL, I know you've heard that a thousand times. :-)
LOL yeah, which is why we use it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode