Where I be - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Where I be

I just registered on the site yesterday. I am purchasing a barely used 2006 Royal Star Tour Deluxe this week. I live in a suburb of Austin (Pflugerville).

Davo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting once you get it

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5655

i pfrequent the pflug pfrequently. just a few minutes from where i live.
welcome Davo. i'm Bevo

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting once you get it

i pfrequent the pflug pfrequently. just a few minutes from where i live.
welcome Davo. i'm Bevo

Hello Bevo, I saw that you are in Austin. Maybe we can take a ride sometime. I don't want to vote or submit mine until the deal is complete which could be Thursday. I'll definitely provide some pictures when the deal is done and the keys are in my hand. I'm liking the site, and I will probably upgrade my membership when the finances have settled down.

Davo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 10:28 PM

Welcome, Davo! There are a couple of us in the Austin area. Have you been riding long?

On a motorcycle, suddenly you comprehend the wrongness of speed..."We are running way too fast!" your primal brain screams. "How did this even happen?! ARE WE FALLING?"
And then your rational brain glances in the rear view mirror and says "Speed up, man, this is a school zone: You have to do at least 20 mph."
-http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-insane...#ixzz1w8wgEEFL
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Riding experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcenea View Post
Welcome, Davo! There are a couple of us in the Austin area. Have you been riding long?
Hello Dulcenea, I've been a licensed motorcyclist since I was 18 (33 years ago) and I first started riding mini bikes when I was 9 or 10. I sold a 2005 ST1300 three years ago and I have been without a bike since then (oh the pain). I'm really glad it looks like I will be back on two wheels very soon, perhaps before the end of the week.

What bike do you ride and how long have you been riding?

Davo
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 11:55 PM

I've been a passenger on and off for the last 20 years and got my license about 12 years ago, but only just got my own bike (V Star 650 Classic) and started riding much on my own in the last month. It's a totally different ball game being the one in control. It's a blast!

On a motorcycle, suddenly you comprehend the wrongness of speed..."We are running way too fast!" your primal brain screams. "How did this even happen?! ARE WE FALLING?"
And then your rational brain glances in the rear view mirror and says "Speed up, man, this is a school zone: You have to do at least 20 mph."
-http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-insane...#ixzz1w8wgEEFL
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcenea View Post
I've been a passenger on and off for the last 20 years and got my license about 12 years ago, but only just got my own bike (V Star 650 Classic) and started riding much on my own in the last month. It's a totally different ball game being the one in control. It's a blast!
That's really great Dulcenea and many congratulations! You finally get all the benefits of riding when you're no longer in the passenger seat. You must really enjoy tooling around the Piney Woods.

Davo
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 02:19 AM
Banned

Welcome to the 4M.

I assume the "P" is silent,,, I hope so cuz if its not there is no way to say it without spittle.

Hi Davo, I'm Strato.........Wart

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 06:40 AM

Welcome to the fun house

Flatulence is natures way of reminding us to laugh at ourselves.

The views expressed above are those of the author and may, or may not, express the views of those around me. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. No animals were harmed in the typing of this messege.

'05 V-Star 1100 Midnight Custom
slightly modified
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Howdy

Hello StratoWart and SparkyD,
Thanks for the 'welcome'. You are correct, the "P" is silent yet people still produce a bit 'o spittle when they say it. Thus the Annual Pflugerville SpittlePfest

Davo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode