Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

New to Forum

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Caliente Pocket 
#1 ·
I am 69+ in age and still interested in riding. Sold my FJR last year because it became combersome for me to handle. I like the looks of the V-Star 950 Touring, weight , seat height, etc. I ESPECIALLY like the 2010 Seashell color. So I will be looking around for a good used one.
I live near Columbus, GA and work part time at the local university.
Any advise is appreciated.;)

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations in your great taste in bikes! :cool:

Good luck with your bike search. I think you'll be happy with the 950. I sure am.

#5 ·
New 2010 & 2011 ads

I have seen several ads in Cycle Trader for new 2010 & 2011 Star 950's. My concern is what problems could occur since the engin has been sitting for that long. I don't believe the dealers crank them since the warranty clock starts when they service the bike.
Any thoughts?:confused:

#9 ·
I have seen several ads in Cycle Trader for new 2010 & 2011 Star 950's. My concern is what problems could occur since the engin has been sitting for that long. I don't believe the dealers crank them since the warranty clock starts when they service the bike.
Any thoughts?:confused:
Surely if it's new it would be under warranty? If there is a problem the stealership has to fix it....:(

#7 ·
Waht are we going to do today Bevo? .... Oh wait that was in another post.

I don't think there's anything to worry about if the engine hasn't run for a while as long as it was stored properly. But if I were you I'd find myself a nice 1100 :) I could be a bit biased on that choice though :D

Good hunting and whatever you buy it will be worth riding and enjoyed.

#8 ·
Welcome Genleega! I am lovin' my 2009 V Star 950T - bought it this spring with only 4000kms on her. Have put almost 3000 on already and just enjoy this bike more every time I ride.

#12 ·
Congratulations! Now you're eligible for membership in the Greatest Bike in the History of the World Club!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.