New Member V Star 1100 Custom - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

New Member V Star 1100 Custom

What's up everyone, just dropping in to introduce myself. My name is Erick and just picked up this bike from a divorced woman who just wanted to get rid of it. She said last time she used it was about 3 years ago. She thinks the carburator is shot and theres some damage on the tank. I got an amazing deal the price was just right. Right now the bike is torn down and im trying to rebuild it. I have a lot of work ahead of me but i look forward to showing you all my progress. please feel free to leave any comments or suggestions. oh yeah im in new orleans, louisiana. thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 11:22 AM

Cool

[QUOTE=The Gunny;1855]What's up everyone, just dropping in to introduce myself. My name is Erick and just picked up this bike from a divorced woman who just wanted to get rid of it. She said last time she used it was about 3 years ago. She thinks the carburator is shot and theres some damage on the tank. I got an amazing deal the price was just right. Right now the bike is torn down and im trying to rebuild it. I have a lot of work ahead of me but i look forward to showing you all my progress. please feel free to leave any comments or suggestions. oh yeah im in new orleans, louisiana. thanks
QUOTE]

Hey, Gunny, I ride a 950 myself, so can't put in any advice, but wish you luck and would like to see rebuild pictures!
By the way, I was in the Netherlands Navy for 35+ years, now living on sunny Curacao!

Ride Safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Update

Hey guys, I know I just started this thread but I got some more pictures for you guys. The first set was taken 31 july. This set was taken today...no major mods or anything just started cleaning it up and polishing the chrome. I'm doing the spark plugs, fluid changes and gas tank tomorrow. Again ill keep you guys updated as much as possible.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 12:43 PM

Im new to the site myself and picked up a 1100 custom a couple of months ago. Im excited to see your progress with the bike, i think its great that you have it striped down because it give you so much freedom to customize the bike, unless your trying to get it back to that stock look? also if you work with anything in the performance mods i'd love to hear from you! good luck... by the wat was in NOLA 2 years back, great time
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

99% complete

so here it is guys, I'm sorry for not posting for so long. She still needs some little things here and there. Major to-dos include...clutch lever, front brake, solo seat, exhaust wrap and so on and so forth. enjoy! The last one is a video or her running for the first time in 3 years. Say what you will about asian bikes but this baby started on the second try after sitting in pieces for over two years. needs some fine tunning but shes running. i slid the mufflers on there at the last minute because without them it sounded like a train rolling thru my neighborhood.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 06:38 AM

Very nice Gunny, and welcome to the forum from me. I have been doing up an old 98 V Star for several months. You have done a great job, good on ya!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

nice work. was that a bullet hole in the gas tank?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 10:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
nice work. was that a bullet hole in the gas tank?

I'm guessing it was. Someone probably squeezed off a shot at that Energizer Bunny
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 02:32 PM

You really did a great job considering the state of the bike on the first pictures! Congratulations!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode