New maybe owner fron Houston, Texas - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Smile New maybe owner fron Houston, Texas

Hi folks, I have a 2012 Nomad, and am looking at a 2009 Stratoliner S. I love my Nomad, but after riding a Stratoliner, I am ready to make the switch. I ride about 20 thousand miles a year, and have no problems with my Nomads {3}. I usually put about 40/50 thousand miles on them, then trade them in. Can I expect the same trouble free miles from Yamaha. I am 71 years old, and do all my own work, as I am retired. I hope to be a regular here. I have read many of the post here, and it seems like there is only a few problems, and most like the POWER !!.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 08:25 AM

Garage
Hi Tynker, what few strat owners I do know say they love the performance and handling. Glad you're considering joining us, please keep us updated, and post some pics of your strat when you get it, along with some pics of your Nomads. Ride em' all safely.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 11:57 AM

Hey Tynker. Welcome from southwestern PA. AT the moment, I only know one Strat owner and he said he loves his but doesn't get enough time to ride cause of work. And yes please post some pics of all them machines of yours.

Sonysnek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 07:38 PM

Garage
Tynker, welcome to the forum, I'm a new member here and a new rider. So the idea of putting 20 thousand miles on a bike seems like an amazing number to me. I just turned 66 so I'm late to the party on MC riding but I love it so far. Lots of good people here that love to share their knowledge with us. Anyway welcome and oh, I'm also in Houston.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks to all for the welcomes. I have been riding for 58 years. My new 2010 Harley Heritage was 27 months old when I sold it. It had 49,714 miles on the clock. Most of it was solo. I bought it for my retirement present to myself. It was very unreliable. It had 4 charging systems, 4 inner primary bearings, and 3 battery's, in 27 months, all covered under warranty. Dealer said I was riding it too much. I told him, I have never seen a TV commercial for motorcycles, where the owner was sitting in their garage admiring their bike, they were riding it, like it was bought for. He just shook his head. He is a Harley/ Kawasaki dealer in Angleton, Texas. I have bought 9 bikes from him in the last 40 years.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Mike, what part of Houston are you located? I am just off 288, just south of HW 6. If you ever get out this way, maybe we can do a ride together. I try to ride every day/
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Cute, thanks
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2015, 12:56 AM

Welcome to the forum from Highlands, TX
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2015, 05:03 PM

Garage
Hey Tynker,

I'm in northwest Houston, 290 and hwy 6 area. Even though I got my vstar 1100 in July I haven't had it out for a real road ride yet. So having someone to go out with would be good. I just need to take some time and go explore up in the Waller/290 College Station area. I'm sure there's some nice roads out there that would be good to start on. I'm not retired yet so I envy you on that one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode