New rider - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By sonysnek
  • 2 Post By Keith Post

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

New rider

Hi, I just finished my beginners motorcycle class a few days ago. I felt pretty confident when the class was finished. I rushed home, eager to get on the Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom bike I had bought a few months back. To my dismay, I could not for the life of my find that sweet friction spot on the clutch lever. That damn clutch lever stole my confidence for a short time. That is until I did a little googling and found this forum. I am now waiting the Clever Lever and I am sure my confidence will be back where it should be. Glad I found this forum. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 12:21 PM

Welcome AuntTudie, from southwestern PA. Congrats on taking and finishing the course. And on yer new acquisition. And as you have found out, no 2 clutches operate the same. Even if they are the same type of bike. And these bikes are notorious for a small friction zone. But don't let that throw ya. It's all just a matter of getting use to it. Same as if you were to go to another bike. I can't say from experience, but have heard though that the "Clever Lever" definately helps with that issue for some people. Good luck with your new machine and hope you solve the problem. Oh, and be sure to post up some pics of your ride for us to see.
Aunttudie and Aunttudie like this.

Sonysnek
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 12:39 PM

Garage
Hi Aunttudie, glad you found us. We're very helpful here. I'm with sonysnek, let's see some pics, and that confidence will return. Ride safely!
Aunttudie and Aunttudie like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

I took this when I purchased the bike. I would be more geared up for riding. This is a v-star 650 custom. 2001 Mint condition. I want to get some bags and a windshield to start off.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 01:38 PM
gl3

Welcome
I had been off a bike for a few years and I signed up for the local ABATE endorsement and safety course.
The motorcycle that I used and practiced on had a completely different feel and ride than the bike I ride today even though they were the same brand but different in size.
Anyway, it took me a while to get the comfort feel on my larger bike after I graduated from the ABATE course.
Hang in there and ride safe.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

StarBikeForums Bike of the Month - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

and please take our census

which yammy ya got? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 09:36 PM

Welcome to the forum from Highlands, TX. Looking good on the bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode