My Vstar 1100 Bobber Project - TX. - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

My Vstar 1100 Bobber Project - TX.

I recently got my hands on a 2000 Vstar 1100 Classic that I'm planning on bobbing out. I've been searching the internet for ideas and custom parts. Along the way I stumbled upon StarBikesForums. There seems to be some great information here so I decided to join.

Over the next few weeks I will be stripping down my bike and chopping it up to make it mine. I will be buying and selling in the classified section and wanted to make sure I introduced myself before I started asking people to trust me with any financial transactions.

This is what my bike currently looks like but I'm hoping to soon change ALL of it. Lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 06:51 AM

Welcome to the forum, wjerlinger! That looks like it will be a cool project, I hope you'll keep us updated on your progress.

There's a site called Blue Collar Bobbers that makes parts and complete kits for a lot of different metric cruisers, including the 1100. I guess just bolting on one of their kits would make for a pretty cookie-cutter "bobber", but their parts are worth checking out.

Charter member, Greatest Bike in the History of the World Club

The Caliente Rocket is a 2009 V-Star 950
- Cobra Speedster exhaust
- Mustang Daytripper seat
- Memphis Shades windshield, sometimes
- Hardstreet Classic Tour Saddlebags

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 07:23 AM

Welcome to the forum Wjerlinger.

So ya doing a bopper project. Sounds like loads of fun. Please do keep us up to date with some pictures of your progress. I am sure most everyone here would love to be able to watch as things come together.

I would love to do something like you are planning on doing but my misses would probably castrate me if I spent anymore time in the garage.

'09 Strat-S Blue' Or as my wife calls her, "The Mistress".

Proud member of the
BLUE BIKE CLUB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Thank You Both For The Friendly Welcome...

Caliente Pocket - I've come across the BCB website and they do have some pretty cool looking kits. But just like you said they kinda all look the same. I'm hoping to do something a bit more custom but I'm always looking for ideas and color schemes so I'd love to check out any and all recommendations that any member here has.

Bigbadwolf - I know what you are saying about the misses. She's not at all excited to be going from a nice Mustang seat with a backrest to a suction cup fender p-pad. My only winning argument is that it IS my bike and I'm the one who rides daily. I would like to keep it comfortable for her but since she hardly rides with me I'm gonna make the leap and chop it up.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 07:10 PM

Location: rainy side of washington state now reside in Blackfoot,Idaho
Welcome aboard. Looking forward to see the progress of the chop.

2007 Stratoliner S
Reckless batwing
Sony am/fm cd mp3 4 speakers w/500 watt amp,8in sub
12 inch ape hanger bars
Roadhouse slip on exhaust
K&N air filter with lid mod
Cobra Fi2000 powrpro auto tuner
Kuryakyn mustache bar
Corbin low profile solo seat
LED running lights front and rear
21 inch chrome raider front wheel
200 tire on the rear
113 Hd eating tire smoking cubic inches
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 10:48 PM

I did the same to my 03 Silverado. Haven't cut it up yet, but did manage to sell the windshield, bags, chrome accents, crash bars and slip ons pretty quick. Used that cash for a solid tune up, a swing arm bag and new full exhaust. Now to get to actual customizing. Good luck with yours.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 10:53 PM

Hey wjerlinger I put alot of time in making my 05 1100 classic into a bobber did most of the fabrication cutting and welding in my garage pretty much everything except for paint and powdercoat have a look at my album theres alsoo a few vids floating around but most important have fun and make it yours!

15 GRAND AND 15 MILES DOES'NT MAKE YOU A BIKER.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/61008833/Y...Service-Manual - A must for everyone the holy service manual..

*II[BLUE BIKE CLUB]II*

PAY UP
$$$$$
SUCKER
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

hdeater113 - Thanks.

Martinez - Where were you able to sell your parts? I'm hoping to do the same to fund my project - or at least help fund it. Lol. I hate selling on Craigslist because the buyers usually don't show and all the spam is highly irritating. I considered eBay but the fees from eBay, shipping and Paypal all add up. I've got the Mustang Wide Touring, Vintage Two-Piece with Adjustable Driver Backrest. I've also got the matching passenger sissy bar pad. It's an $800 setup and that's not including the sissy bar itself. I'm hoping that sells for a good amount and helps me on my way. Anyway, selling the seat along with the bags, windshield, front and rear fenders, speedo, luggage rack, headlight, handlebars, controls... well everything kinda stresses me out. What did you do?

KOBRA101 - I tried looking through your albums but all I found was one. A wash and wax album. The bike looks great but I would really love to see the actual work that went into it. It looks like you cut off the subframe and remade the under seat rear cross brace. Can you send me the link to any pics of the fab work you did? I'm thinking about cutting the backbone and doing a single tube instead of the double. Have you seen this done before?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 11:58 PM

let me see if i can upload some of my fab pics im limited but i have a few i prefer the double tube because iam pretty tall at 6.3" and it allows me to sit higher on my lowered stance....

15 GRAND AND 15 MILES DOES'NT MAKE YOU A BIKER.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/61008833/Y...Service-Manual - A must for everyone the holy service manual..

*II[BLUE BIKE CLUB]II*

PAY UP
$$$$$
SUCKER
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

KOBRA101 - I'm looking forward to the pics. PM sent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode