Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

New from Palm Springs, ca.

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  M1chael63 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I just purchased a 09 v star 1100 classic. The guy I bought it from purchased it new 2 years ago and only put 117 miles on it. I have always been into sport bikes and thought of cruisers as an old mans bike lol, well I just turned 52 and bought this bike for $4000 and I absolutely love it. At 52 I don't consider myself old and wished I had bought a cruiser a lot sooner. For 4k and only 117 miles on it I just couldn't pass this deal up and now realize every type of bike is badass in its own way.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome Michael from southwestern PA. Very nice. Congrats on finding a great deal and definately ride the wheels off it. I musta been old all my life cause I always liked the looks of the classic style. Nice color too by the way. Black and Blue, as they say, are the fastest colors.

#6 ·
Welcome from Waldorf MD! I guess I've been an old man since my twenties when it comes to motorcycles because that's all I've ever wanted. I started riding when I was 52 with an 09 VStar 650 Silverado and now I have a 12 VStar 950 tourer that I greatly enjoy riding. It's nice to see what a sweet deal you got. The question as to why folks get bikes and don't ride them is a good one to ask. I know of a few folks who did this and I did ask. Some of the responses I got were:
1. Was more than I could handle. This area [southern MD] is too congested to make me feel comfortable and safe riding.
2. Other interests overtook the desire to ride [Golf].
3. Health reasons.
4. Family changes [additions/deaths/employment/unemployment].
5. Family/Significant Other displeasure - For some reason people can only focus on the bad news items [accidents & deaths] and pay NO attention to the positive stuff. Case in point, my wife REALLY doesn't like me riding, and after serving in the Air Force for 20 years I made my mind up that I had to know if I could ride and do it well. If not then I'd have given it up, but I got my license and my bike and it's history now. Her point of contention was a BAD accident a friend suffered many years ago, but I pointed out to her the 3 friends we have who have ridden for over 30 years now who've not had any accidents. FEAR doesn't live here!
There's more but I'm glad that I won't be in that number and God willing I'd like to ride to at least to my early 70s, and then I'll get a CAM Spyder!

#7 ·
1. Was more than I could handle. This area [southern MD] is too congested to make me feel comfortable and safe riding.
2. Other interests overtook the desire to ride [Golf].
3. Health reasons.
4. Family changes [additions/deaths/employment/unemployment].
5. Family/Significant Other displeasure

#3 and #4 - OK, I can buy that

The other reasons ought to be sorted out before you plunk down hard earned money for a brand new motorcycle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.