Hello from Springfield MO - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Hello from Springfield MO

Bought a 03 VStar 1100 earlier this year. Been enjoying it but finding a few things that may or may not need attention. All of the info available on several forums is just overwhelming.

I appreciate that people admit that they have found out the hard way on some of the problems. I won't live long enough to make them all myself, so I do lots of reading before I do anything. My retention has dissipated over the years.

Been riding for almost 50 years but this is my biggest bike. I am vertically challenged and blessed with some mass, and the 1100 is a perfect fit.

Looking forward to sharing and gaining information in this group.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 08:14 PM

Garage
Hi and welcome to the forum. You've definitely come to the right place. There's several 1100 members here. Ask any and all questions, and please post up some pics, we love pic's! I'm just a little southeast of you so I'm sure our weather is very similar. Ride safely!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

StarBikeForums Bike of the Month - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

and please take our census

which yammy ya got? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 04:21 AM

Garage
I would like to extend a warm welcome to you. This site has many many answers of questions that you have not thought of. They are very informative here. I know about the "getting old" thing, but I feel that by enjoying each day, I have started to realize that life is not short, but a renewed interest in myself enjoying each day to its fullest.

Welcome aboard!!!!

"Dance like this is the last dance "
2009 V Star 950 Tourer
Windshield; Clevver; V&H exhaust.; Highway bar
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 12:51 PM

Welcome from southwestern PA. I too prefer to learn from others mistakes. It's alot cheaper that way and maybe live a little longer. Enjoyed yer intro but you forgot the pics. As Keith stated we love pics here. And any ride stories you wanna share. This forum has a wealth of information so ask yer questions and I'm sure you'll get the answers.

Sonysnek
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 02:08 AM

Great to hear how reliable your 1100 for your body build! They are sure very easy and comfortable ride. Post up some pics when you have..

2006 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode