Back in the saddle after 15+ years - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Back in the saddle after 15+ years

Greetings,
I am getting back in the saddle after a 15 year hiatus. I had to put motorcycling on the back burner because of my previous military service up to my last deployment which ended Jan 09. I am retired now, and would really like to relocate to Huston where I can ride more than 4 months a year.
I used to ride Yammie sport bikes, but those days are over. After doing a lot of shopping for everything under the sun, I concluded that my favorite of the bunch was the VStar 1300T. It comes in at half the cost of a comparable Harley. I love the advancements Yamaha has made since the early 90's. Belt drive, fuel injection and liquid cooled v-twins. It's much better than the old 1100 virago, which was still great in it's day. The belt drive is simply smoother and puts more power to the ground than a less efficient shaft drive. And even though shaft drive lash was never that big a deal to me, belt has none.
I appreciate the liquid cooling, it makes a big difference to me. So does the injection, especially on a colder morning and at higher altitude. I look forward to reading about the vstar bikes and will eventually join the Patriot Guard rides when I get resettled.

"With a full tank and an empty stomach I say on to you in the words of my forefathers: Let's ride!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode