Howdy ya'll - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-26-2015, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Howdy ya'll

Well - newbie here - Don't have a bike yet - but looking into one within the next 3-4 months. I had been looking around different bikes started with the Suzuki Boulevard to checking out the Harleys and now been looking into the V Star 1100 Customs. Been trying to figure out what kind of bike I wanted but now seeing the pricing and the nice looks of the V Stars - looks like I am definitely leaning to the V Star 1100. Got my motorcycle license last year - but life took over and now getting the time and opportunity to go look for a bike in 2016. So what years would be a safe bet on purchasing? Not looking for new but used for sure. BTW - Located in Atascocita, Texas which is about northeast of Houston, Texas. Looking forward to learning from you folks - before I make my purchase.
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-26-2015, 10:19 PM

Garage
Hi Deflord, welcome to the forum from north ms.
We have several 1100 owners here, and I know they'll be willing to help you in your search. I rode an 1100 before I bought my 950t and it handled well. Just got a better deal on the 950t. Keep us updated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk
Deflord and Deflord like this.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 09:04 AM

Welcome from just south of Fort Worth. You can buy any year with confidence.I'm on my second 1100 cuz I like them so much. You won't regret it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 10:31 AM

Garage
Delford, like all have said welcome to the forum. I have an 08 1100 classic that I bought back in July and I love it. So yes I would recommend one. Of course it's my first bike but hey I love it. I'm in the Northwest part of Houston, so I always like to see Houston folks join. Again welcome.

Last edited by mikearc095; 12-27-2015 at 10:35 AM.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Excellent - because this will be my first bike as well. I have ridden a Kawasaki in the past when I was a kid (sneaking off with dad's bike) had looked at the Vulcans as well. But I just like the way the V Star looks. Would the 1100 be comfy for myself and a passenger aka like my wife on road trips or would someone have a better suggestion that I look into. Thanks to all for the Star Welcome and Five Star responses!
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 12:58 PM

Welcome to the forum from Highlands, TX. Not far from you
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 01:27 PM

love my 1100 custom, wish I had gotten it years ago. my brother has a newer 1300 and is also a really nice ride.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 02:47 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum eh. My first was also an 1100 and I just love it. Low center of gravity makes for a great handling bike and it has enough power to handle 2 up all day. If you plan on doing long trips maybe you should look into a 1300. I've got a Stratoliner now and that baby has got comfort and power let me tell ya. But for a first bike, I wouldn't go much over 1300 to start with. On another note, tell us where you're from we're just curious like that eh.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the heads up - actually I did - Atascocita, Texas which is Northeast of Houston, Texas. I had looked at the 650/950 but figured they wouldn't be strong enough for two people which is why I had started looking at the 1100 - guess the 1300 might not be a bad area to look into as well.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 08:53 PM

I know lots of 1100 owners ride 2up with no problem. Something else to think about is carburetor vs fuel injected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode