New Member Intro - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By Sid Vicious
  • 2 Post By bevo1981
  • 2 Post By raulgarzajr.1311
  • 2 Post By sonysnek

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

New Member Intro

Hi all, new to forum here.
Bought a '12 950 Tour for my wife but it is too heavy and foot reach to the shifter is too long for her. So....I am riding it and she prefers my Triumph America. The vstar is so easy & convenient to ride I am not too bothered with the switch. LOL. But I do miss that parallel twin power!
Will be looking at tech info & specs and any tips from you all!
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

StarBikeForums Bike of the Month - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

and please take our census

which yammy ya got? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

the Triumph America sure looks like a great bike on paper, and the power/weight/cc ratio looks tuff to beat. but you can make that back up on the 950 with some performance mods. and then with its new power, its nimble nature in the turns, and succulent flowing lines that make up its modern design style, you'll see why so many of us call it the greatest machine in the history of mankind.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 12:12 PM

Welcome to the forum from Highlands, TX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 02:39 PM

Welcome from southwestern PA.

Sonysnek
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 11:30 PM

Garage
Hi Sid, welcome to the forum from north ms. Love my 950, and bevo is correct. The performance mods you can make on these bikes will make up for any loss of performance from the Triumph. Ride safely, and keep us updated on any upgrades you make. We'll be glad to help you out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome everybody! I will definitely look for some performance mods. The Vstar just does not float my boat with performance, if you know what I mean.... I am sure you all can point me in the right direction. ;-)

Sorry for the long time between posts, I've been super busy the last couple of weeks.
I am thinking of picking up a new or slightly used touring or sport touring rig. Just not sure which one I am going to take the plunge for.
There are a handful I am looking at in no particular order: Wing, Trophy, Rocket 3, Thunderbird, FJR, Connie, Royal Star, maybe a Victory, Indian, Guzzi or God forbid, a Beamer..
I am not a big V twin guy, but my brother in law is a die hard HOG guy and keeps trying to convince me to drink that cool aid... I had a Tiger 955i before this Star and Bonnie, and love the big adv bikes, but my wife does not like to ride pillion on those, much less behind me on any bike! And I don't blame her one bit, I don't like the back seat either!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode