Hello everybody! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 8Likes
  • 2 Post By Keith Post
  • 4 Post By zackfair2780
  • 2 Post By bevo1981
  • 2 Post By quarter45
  • 2 Post By moetsch
  • 2 Post By sonysnek
  • 2 Post By Keith Post

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Hello everybody!

Hello everybody!

I'm new here, obviously. Own a 2002 V-Star 1100 that's been in a reputable Yamaha repair facility since 9 Sept 2015 due to starter clutch failure. Manager has promised multiple time to ensure it was fixed but he has not done that. Ugghh. When they told me it was ready I went to pick it up on 28 Apr 2016 but there sounds likes loose metal in the engine. The shop is refusing to take responsibility for it, this after they told me they would rebuild my engine, there's still the sound of loose metal in the engine. Do I need an attorney? Not sure how to resolve this issue. I'm trying to do what I can to resolve it but the repair facility is fighting me now. Fun fun. NOT!

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 06:38 PM

Garage
Hi mo, welcome to the forum. Did you get it in writing that the clutch issue would be fixed and rebuild the engine? I'm asking as it would be easy for them to deny it. Anything in writing carries so much more weight in a dispute such as this. Read the paperwork accompanying your purchase for hidden clauses, and if it's not what they promised, and you have it in writing, then they have to honor it. I'd check with your local BBB for any complaints filed against them. As you know many places of business claim to be ' reputable' until they're caught, then they go from Dr. jekyll to Mr. Hyde. Just a suggestion from my end.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
moetsch and moetsch like this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 06:57 PM

Garage
Oh no

I nearly had the same problem, just replaced my starter clutch and i'm sure it shouldn't have been that difficult for them to replace, yeah makes sure all your documents are in order, they have to honor it if they told you they would fit it .... i'm now in the process of how to fix my clutch actuator ... do not not what do to yet from here ugh ... good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

StarBikeForums Bike of the Month - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

and please take our census

which yammy ya got? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

you may want to take it to another mechanic for a 2nd opinion on what the issue is before going back to them
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 03:00 AM

That sucks. You have a good case and hope the documents favor you. Good luck and update us.

2006 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 03:31 AM Thread Starter

Thanks.

Thanks, you guys, for your response. Y'all are swell. I've been trying to deal with this in an appropriate manner all the way. Being patient, probably too patient, taking notes, documenting conversations, taking pics & vids, and other recordings/documentation. Recently, I even wrote a letter to Mr. Yanagi, CEO Yamaha Corp, USA. Sent it to him overnight mail. Haven't heard from him, not sure he can do anything anyway since the dealership is independently owned, though it is an authorized dealership. Wrote a letter to the local General Manager. Sent a courtesy copy of everything to everyone. Meaning the GM knows what I mailed Mr. Yanagi, Mr. Yanagi knows what I mailed the GM, and the owner knows what I mailed to both the GM and Mr. Yanagi. Frustrated, feeling like I was still getting nowhere fast, the other day I went to the BBB and the owner of the franchise woke up and called me right away. He and I are in excruciating discussions via email (YES!!!) about how to resolve this. Having to rehash what I've already been through with the GM and his service rep. Fortunately for me I've been upfront with everyone and documenting as much as I can so it's just a matter of going through everything and regurgitating it, again and again. In one instance I was digging up my notes from one of those meetings and transcribing dialogue. I can't believe they're putting me through all this and just so they can save a buck. "Screw a customer as long as we save a buck!" But the owner told me satisfied customers are priceless. Put your money where your mouth is, dude. It's unreal. It's like a horror movie only it's lasting more than the roughly 2 hours long that a movie lasts. LOL! There's hope, tho: the owner of of the franchise told me he was going to give himself a day to ponder what to do and would be getting back with me ... well, today. But I've been up all night working on this and am likely to be asleep when I get his answer. I hope he makes the right decision or it'll be time to escalate it again, but this time I'm not sure to who. ??? I wish I could talk to an attorney to see what can be done legally but then the cost may not justify the end. Maybe there are damages I could recover, I don't know. I'm a disabled veteran, maybe an attorney would have pity on me to help a veteran. LOL! I will say this, that having done all those things I mentioned above I can have some faith in what I am trying to accomplish and the confidence to do it. But it's not easy! Sigh.

Last edited by moetsch; 05-06-2016 at 04:05 AM. Reason: typos
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

@ Bevo1981: The General Manager offered, with my permission, to move it to another shop. Sounds good, right? Hell no! They broke it, they fix it. Once the thing was out their door they would've been throwing parties and promoting the GM. No, no, no. I saw right through that scheme, even if it was well meaning. LOL!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 12:34 PM

Just my opinion, but maybe ya should take him up on his offer. After all, They are the ones who screwed it up in the first place.

Sonysnek
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 08:45 PM

Garage
Mo I'm sorry you're having to deal with all of this, and thank you for your service. Sonysnek has a point, I'd take them up on their offer as they messed it up, and now they HAVE to make it right. If it turns into a civil suit, they've done all the work, now they're totally liable. Just a suggestion on my part. Please keep us updated, and most local TV news stations have consumer watchdogs. I've seen them work, it may be something to consider.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
moetsch and moetsch like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode