Need serious help :/ - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Need serious help :/

Hi everyone! I'm pretty new here, one of my brothers recommended me to try this forum out. I recently replaced the starter Clutch on my Yamaha '07 Vstar with great success, but my Clutch actuator seems either too loose or too tight if i adjust it, not the same pressure it had before when it was connected to the clutch cable. did i miss something? i'm trying to get this fixed asap since it's my only reliable transportation to work, hate to loose my job, but i'm pretty much out of options .... been fixing this bike for nearly now 23 days ... ugh ... any tips, instructions or help of any kind would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

StarBikeForums Bike of the Month - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

and please take our census

which yammy ya got? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

be sure to ask that in the V Star section here
zackfair2780 and zackfair2780 like this.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thank you, V star section? how do I get to it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackfair2780 View Post
Thank you, V star section? how do I get to it?

Zack, go to subforums, then motorcycle models. You'll find the VStar section listed there. Good luck with the bike!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thank you!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 07:21 AM

When you say "seems either too tight or too loose" are you meaning that the clutch either does not engage fully or it's slipping depending on the adjustment? If that's the case you may be making the same mistake I did. The instructions say to turn the center screw using a screwdriver until you feel it stop, Then back it out a tad I believe. Well the touch is so light I could not feel it hitting the stop while using a screwdriver. I ended up turning it with my fingers. With that I could clearly feel it stop and have had no more issues. Hope this helps and I hope we are talking about the same thing.
If you still need help do like the others suggested and start a thread here...V Star - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

2006 V-Star 1100 Classic
Completely debadged
Silverado windshield and passing lamps
Floorboard extensions
OE Highway bar with custom mounting brackets
Kuryakyn Dually ISO Highways pegs
Kuryakyn grips
Passenger floorboards
Barons Nasty Boy Slip-ons
Maxair pods
Mustang seats
Kuryakyn led headlight halo
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thank you! I just got home from work, did my research, found out the names of the part, the "push rod" that connects from engine to clutch lever actuator... Is it supposed to feel loose or springy? To me it feels like it slips out too easily, and if I push it in it goes in but nothing seems to push it out, just feels like the Rod hit a wall and it's unable to further go deeper in the engine ... I know I'm missing an adjustment don't know what, but will try it your way for sure see how it feels ... Wish me luck, hopefully it's the same thing . ..
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 03:29 PM

its supposed to have 1/4 turn of play in it.one end touches the pressure plate and the other end has an adjustment nut
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well I followed the instructions ... Still the same ... The rod itself (which is quite long) has no pressure at all, I believe that perhaps the Rod is supposed to push outward so when I pull the clutch, the lever pushes the adjuster against the rod , correct? As far as I can tell, that rod goes in but does not come out ... Am I missing something? I know it may be simple but I just cannot figure it out
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-05-05-17-25-26-1_1462483769380.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	58506   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-05-05-17-25-51-1_1462483813525.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	58514  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackfair2780 View Post
Well I followed the instructions ... Still the same ... The rod itself (which is quite long) has no pressure at all, I believe that perhaps the Rod is supposed to push outward so when I pull the clutch, the lever pushes the adjuster against the rod , correct? As far as I can tell, that rod goes in but does not come out ... Am I missing something? I know it may be simple but I just cannot figure it out
the rod goes thru the engine. it contacs the pressure plate, you would not be able to press it with your finger. the end of the ror that you are able to see has a slot in it for a screwdriver. and a lock nut. loosen the locknut then you can turn the rod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode