Howdy Folks - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 8Likes
  • 2 Post By evwhite911
  • 2 Post By bevo1981
  • 2 Post By raulgarzajr.1311
  • 2 Post By sonysnek
  • 2 Post By evwhite911
  • 2 Post By evwhite911
  • 2 Post By Keith Post
  • 2 Post By raulgarzajr.1311

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Howdy Folks

New member here. Just bought my first bike last month, 2015 bolt, and i'm loving it. I live in Colorado so the fuel injection beats the hell out of a carb in the mountains. Looking to get some advice on some modifications on here. Hoping you experienced folks can help out a newbie.

Cheers!
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 05:06 PM

Garage
Welcome from north ms ev, the bolt is a great bike! The best mods you can make with fuel Injection is exhaust system and open air filter kit. I own an 09' 950t, sister bike to the bolt, and I made those mods to it. Big difference in overall performance. You will need a fuel processor if you do both mods. Ride safely and share some pics with us, we love pics here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

StarBikeForums Bike of the Month - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

and please take our census

which yammy ya got? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 10:23 PM

Welcome to the forum from Highlands, TX. The first mod should be the flash before any other. Turn that Bolt into a beast
http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/bolt.htm
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 11:54 AM

Welcome EV, from southwestern PA. Got any pics ya wanna share?

Sonysnek
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
Welcome from north ms ev, the bolt is a great bike! The best mods you can make with fuel Injection is exhaust system and open air filter kit. I own an 09' 950t, sister bike to the bolt, and I made those mods to it. Big difference in overall performance. You will need a fuel processor if you do both mods. Ride safely and share some pics with us, we love pics here.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Keith, question on the exhaust system. So is it necessary to do the exhaust, open air filter, and upgraded fuel management system all at once? Can the aftermarket exhaust operate on its own or maybe just with the fuel management OR air intake? I'm looking at the vance and hines competition series slip on. The only thing I hate about the bolt is the exhaust - it's too quiet and not the best looking. I'm impatient and $900 is a chunk of change to drop all at once on the vance and hines exhaust, fuel management, and air intake.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160507_182639.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	58866  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 12:20 PM

Garage
I understand about the big bucks all at once. I did the slip on first, then followed up with open air filter and fuel processor at the same time. For me, the most noticeable upgrade was the open air filter kit. I shopped around for all of my upgrades and spent a total of $575.00. Hope this helps.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I understand about the big bucks all at once. I did the slip on first, then followed up with open air filter and fuel processor at the same time. For me, the most noticeable upgrade was the open air filter kit. I shopped around for all of my upgrades and spent a total of $575.00. Hope this helps.

So to have all 3 is more of a performance deal then a health of your bike deal? Just don't want to run the exhaust by itself it's going to damage something. If so i'd rather wait and save my pennies
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 04:03 PM

Garage
Running the exhaust upgrade by itself for now won't damage anything. You'll get a deeper tone and a tad bit more performance. After the additional upgrades is when you'll notice it the most. I essentially bought what I could afford at the time, exhaust, then did the other two at the same time. I did my own installs saving even more. The bolt sounds really good with an exhaust upgrade by itself.

bevo1981 and bevo1981 like this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evwhite911 View Post
Quote:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Keith, question on the exhaust system. So is it necessary to do the exhaust, open air filter, and upgraded fuel management system all at once? Can the aftermarket exhaust operate on its own or maybe just with the fuel management OR air intake? I'm looking at the vance and hines competition series slip on. The only thing I hate about the bolt is the exhaust - it's too quiet and not the best looking. I'm impatient and $900 is a chunk of change to drop all at once on the vance and hines exhaust, fuel management, and air intake.
Exhaust only=no tuner
Air intake only=no tuner
Air intake+exhaust=flash or fuel tuner or both.
Really look at the flash before the tuner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode