New from B.C. - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 7Likes
  • 4 Post By Mike from B.C.
  • 2 Post By YammyV
  • 2 Post By NorthernRider
  • 2 Post By sonysnek
  • 2 Post By Corsair
  • 2 Post By YamaMassGirl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

New from B.C.

Hi from B.C. Just new to the site proud owner of 2012 road star 1700 got it last June put 5000km on it before had to put it away in Oct, looking for any information to keep it going strong and this site seems to have a ton of knowledge, also wanting to know what is going with the road star if anyone knows if and why Yamaha quit production of the road star
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 06:59 PM

Garage
Welcome Mike from B.C. You're right, lots of information here. Can't help as far as Road Star but sure others can. We all like pictures so if you can post some of your ride, please. Sounds like you enjoyed riding your Road Star until the winter weather appeared. Living in northern NY, I, too must be patient for Spring.Don't hesitate to ask questions about your bike. Always answers from knowledgeable members to help you. Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 07:58 PM

Garage
Welcome Mike from the other coast. Sounds like a nice ride you got there. They pretty much ended production of all the Star bikes, not just the Roadie. Just a sign of changing styles I suppose, although I think it's a timeless look. Just joined the forum last fall but these folks will make you feel real welcome and there is indeed a wealth of knowledge here.

Oh yeah, they won't leave you alone until you post a pic so let's see that sweet ride!

Paul
2007 Vulcan Nomad
V&H exhaust

2000 V Star 1100 Classic (Sold)
All stock except for:
Kuryakyn Grips
4" Risers
Switchblade Quick Release Windshield
Ugly but somewhat functional saddlebags
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 11:55 AM

Welcome Mike, from southwestern PA. Congrats on yer new ride, last year. A wealth of info to be found here, so ask yer posers, ans I'm sure you'll get some answers. And like NorthernRider said, post em up if ya got em.

Sonysnek
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 04:49 PM

Garage
Welcome to the 4m Mike. Like the others have said already there's lots of good stuff happening on here. Tons of info and some is true even, well a few times...
I and all of the others on here I'm sure, don't know what is happening with mother Yamaha and the cruiser line. Me thinks that they want to go for another market share that the other big bike don't play in. It's unfortunate but ...

In any case, those decisions are made 2 pay grades above mine. Now comes the pic thing. You know what they say, If they ain't no pics, It don't exist.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 07:22 PM

Garage
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. We're definitely big on pics here.
I know several of us wonder what Yamaha is thinking with their cruiser line. Anyways, as my buddy Corsair from the great white north said, 2 pay grades mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 10:37 AM

Garage
Congrats on the bike Mike! I'm on the 950. Lots I want to do with it, but love it, as it is, as well. :-)

Keep moving, learning, loving, and living.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode