Hey from PA! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 11Likes
  • 4 Post By Rev9fan1
  • 2 Post By YamaMassGirl
  • 2 Post By YammyV
  • 2 Post By sonysnek
  • 4 Post By Rev9fan1
  • 2 Post By Rev9fan1
  • 2 Post By Rev9fan1
  • 4 Post By Rev9fan1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Hey from PA!

Hey everyone, glad to be here with a beautiful 2015 Yamaha Vstar Deluxe 1300. She is my second motorcycle, and supposedly the last year they made the rapid red! I'm here to soak up as much info as possible, this forum has been very usefull for what I've searched so far, I look forward to joining the family! See you guys soon!

Last edited by Rev9fan1; 03-11-2017 at 09:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 10:33 AM

Garage
Ah man, the 1300 Deluxe is sah-weet! I'm hoping to set up my candy red 950 in a similar fashion. I'm gonna get an MS batwing this year, then maybe afford the hard bags next year. -- Welcome to the forum! And thanks for the pic! <Me=Jealous>
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

Keep moving, learning, loving, and living.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 01:45 PM

Garage
Classy bike there! Sure you will have many enjoyable rides....thanks for sharing the pic. Keeps us all happy. Ride safe and enjoy! ~ YammyV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 01:54 PM

Welcome Rev, from southwestern PA. Nice ride ya got yerself there. From which part of PA do you ride? Maybe see ya on the road some day. Won't be able to miss that red.

Sonysnek
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 04:10 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee there Rev. Love that color scheme on the 1300s. How's the performance on it? That's my favorite look of the 1300s. Ride safely and thanks for including a pic with your intro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaMassGirl View Post
Ah man, the 1300 Deluxe is sah-weet! I'm hoping to set up my candy red 950 in a similar fashion. I'm gonna get an MS batwing this year, then maybe afford the hard bags next year. -- Welcome to the forum! And thanks for the pic! <Me=Jealous>
Yea I got the biggest bike so the girl can enjoy being a rider for the first time, otherwise I might have gotten a regular 1300...candy red must be a sexy looking color!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonysnek View Post
Welcome Rev, from southwestern PA. Nice ride ya got yerself there. From which part of PA do you ride? Maybe see ya on the road some day. Won't be able to miss that red.
I'm in Chambersburg, exit 16 off 81, and I work off exit 14 for Schneider trucking...maybe one day I might see you, I'm off 3 days a week since I switched jobs. I was working 6 days a week, so I have time to enjoy the bike this summer for sure.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee there Rev. Love that color scheme on the 1300s. How's the performance on it? That's my favorite look of the 1300s. Ride safely and thanks for including a pic with your intro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eh I'm not very happy with the performance, my brothers ninja 650 is the same HP 😠 but I'm planning on doing Ivan's tune, with a slip on and intake pod, and possibly fuel controller. From what it seems with the research I've done, the slip on makes more HP than full exhaust, which makes no sense to me because of the catalytic converter. Also if I get Ivan's tune I'm not sure yet if I even need a fuel controller, so we will see. But to have 92hp and not 72 will make me feel a little better till warranty dips out, then I'll do engine work, or a Raider swap if it's even possible. I haven't researched that yet.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome by the way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode