new dude - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

new dude

Hello guys and gals my name is derek canter and I live in mayfield ky. I currently am ridin a suzuki but am lookin into tradin for a new vstar so I thought I'd get ahead of the game and get on the forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 09:24 PM

Welcome BigT You are makin a smooth move goin to the Yammerdog line of bikes! Also, ya'll got some superfine bikin roads there in KY, rode many miles there, love that place

Ride Safe, Live Long
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Re: new dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Bear View Post
Welcome BigT You are makin a smooth move goin to the Yammerdog line of bikes! Also, ya'll got some superfine bikin roads there in KY, rode many miles there, love that place

Ride Safe, Live Long
Thank you very much sir. Ive not been real far on my suzi but i think once i get on a star i may do some long distance runs. Pls everyone chime on what yall feel will be a great choice to look at. I know its solely up to me to make final decision but u fellow riders know the pros and cons on every star bike out there. I currently ride a suzuki boulevard m50 so id like to step up to a larger bike that cruises well but still has enough giddy up if i.wanna get on her a little. Everyones opinion would be awesome.

Sent from my Desire HD

Vstar...yes please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

howdy. it depends on several things. what is your price range? how much bigger are you looking to step up? you want to do mainly short rides or long rides? ride alone or with a passenger? buying new or used?

the M50 is comparable to the V Star 650 so if you just want to step up one or two places, then you're looking at either the V Star 950 or 1100. the 1100 is not made anymore, so if you want a new bike then you might be able to find a previous year 1100 that a dealer hasn't managed to move yet. or you can step up further to the 1300. the 1300 has become the new 'medium' bike among the V Star family in terms of price and size and specs. i would advise you to go to a dealership and just sit on some of them and see which one feels and looks good to you in person. go from there.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 03:44 AM

new dude

I was in the same size class as you and went for the 950 tourer and have been very pleased with my choice. I was on a budget, wanted to get the best mileage I could, but still wanted to be comfortable doing some light touring with the wife. The 950 fit perfectly and with the touring upgrade I got some things stock I knew I wanted. I love the huge, leather covered hard bags and a sissy bar was a must. The windshield was also a consideration. On the 950 they have the shorter windshield that still had a sportier look to it. The 1100 had the real tall windshield the just said old guy to me....haha. Any, like was said earlier, you need to sit on a few. In the end that's what did it for me. I just trusted my butt!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

4 wheels move the body....2 wheels move the soul
2012 V Star 950 Tourer
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 03:47 AM

new dude

Oh! And I meant to say hello, good to have you aboard!

4 wheels move the body....2 wheels move the soul
2012 V Star 950 Tourer
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 07:14 AM
Banned

Welcome to the 4M. I hear the Stratoliner's 113 cu.in. fun factory is no disappointment to all who own it.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 11:20 AM

new dude

Welcome to the forum.
I'm a new rider and started out on a Liner, yes all 113cu.in. It was a breeze to learn how to ride on. It has a ton of power.

Ride safe and happy shopping,

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Re: new dude

Thanks guys i appreciate it. Ive been thinking i may set my buttock on a raider. At the age of 32 i like touring bikes but im still digggin the chopper look and man the raider is a swwweeeeettttt little unit!!!!!!

Sent from my Desire HD

Vstar...yes please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode