Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

new owner of 2011 Stryker

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  eGo 
#1 · (Edited)
My son just signed papers on a 2011 stryker 5K+ miles blue in color.

We have the owners manual but wondered what the service interval was on the drive belt ?
Also any details on tire eating ???? I've heard some story's of rear tires only lasting less than 4K miles..
Depends on right hand twisty's or is it a tire eating monster....

Any owners of strykers on here got the details please let me know...

jake :) :D:cool:

#2 ·
Bike was delivered today. Looks fantastic. My son will be working on the detailing tomorrow so if it does not rain I may have some pics of the bike. Very nice ride. Better than I thought it would be....

jake:):D

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum from here in Northwest Illinois. Happy to have you join us and look forward to reading your posts and seeing pics of your bike. We have a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people here to help with your mods and to answer all your questions. Post often and ride safe.

#4 ·
I'm already a member I just got to get him to join up.

I'm cooking him now... soon a new member to behold.... :D

#6 ·
It looks fine but I still wanted to know how long before replacement.

I'll dig deeper. Thanks eGo :D

#7 ·
Ok, so I found the owners manual and it recommends inspection/adjustment every 2500 miles. Only replace if damaged or unable to achieve proper tension after tightening (stretched belt). Most people on the Stryker forums are saying the belts last forever with proper care. I can say that the belt on my Vulcan lasted 40k before breaking. But, I also didn't do anything to keep an eye on it. I just drove that bike into the ground. I'm sure I'll pay that price as I'm rebuilding it this winter. haha

#8 ·
Awesome work eGo, So what tool is needed to measure the belt tension?

#9 ·
Here's a link to the manual :

http://www.mediafire.com/view/1n2h5yjk1nlygwq/2011+VStar+1300+Stryker+LIT-11616-24-48.pdf

Page 2-14 of the manual lists :

Drive belt slack (on the sidestand) 5.0–7.0 mm (0.20–0.28 in)
Drive belt slack (on a suitable stand) :
XVS13AA(C)/XVS13CTA(C):4.0–6.0 mm (0.16–0.24 in)
XVS13CA(C):5.0–7.0 mm (0.20–0.28 in)

I would assume you could just use a ruler.. Unless you have a belt deflection tool.

GL!

eGo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.