Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Fuel Solenoid Shut offs

20K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  TomL 
#1 ·
So, in the process of taking the carbs off the bike, AGAIN! Both wires on both fuel shut off solenoids snapped as I was unscrewing them. Is there an alternate fix to buying new ones? Or should I just suck it up and pay for them?

Bear

2006 V-Star 1100 Silverado

#7 ·
Actually I don't think there is a tip over switch on an 1100. I believe they are only there to keep the cats from getting flooded with fuel.

#6 ·
You're in luck...I happen to have a fresh batch ready to go.

Reactions: stratsurvivor
#14 ·
If you are Matt....I got the payment, but no shipping address. Get it to me ASAP so I can get it out on Monday.

#16 ·
Got it...it's redy to rool out on Monday USPS Priority

#17 ·
Got it...it's ready to rool out on Monday USPS Priority

#19 ·
Many, self included, were able to carefully, resolder the wire into the solenoid.. somewhere on here or 650 cc&d there's a how to... if you do solder I recommend you solder a pigtail in there, with a bullet connector, do you can unplug em, and avoid the issue next time.. of you don't find the how to, I can type you through it..

#24 ·
Many, self included, were able to carefully, resolder the wire into the solenoid.. somewhere on here or 650 cc&d there's a how to... if you do solder I recommend you solder a pigtail in there, with a bullet connector, do you can unplug em, and avoid the issue next time.. of you don't find the how to, I can type you through
see note above from @Bonkers270 it really wasn't that hard...

#20 ·
I know this is an old thread but repairing the broken wires is an easy fix. You need a Scribe, solder splice, heat gun, solder, soldering iron, some heat shrink tubing,, bullet connectors and crimp tool. I finish it off with some heat shrink tubing. I've repaired a lot of them. If interested, I'll go through the process.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.