New England Riders check in here! - Page 2 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 05:29 PM

Sal newington ct and my buddy bob from ashford ct. So does this mean we are going to get together at some point in time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 02:35 PM

Hi from Rochester NY.
post #13 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 04:07 PM

I'm in Hebron, CT. Guy, my brother in law in Ashford has an 06 Roadliner and now his brother Phil in Windham bought an 09 Stratoliner too. Too bad my friend Jim in Tolland sold his 06 Roadliner for a ZX14. He's out of the club...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 07:33 PM

Well I think that we should try to get together.
post #15 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 08:12 AM

Well, seems we have a group of guys widely dispersed so that in itself creates some logistical challenges, but nothing that cannot be overcome. Typically, I'm the type that will dedicate a day of the weekend but not likely to do any overnighters since the other day is for family and getting chores done around the house. For me though, I'm easy going and I'm willing to travel just about anywhere. Just to throw out some ideas, and I realize most I'm suggesting are CT centric and not always best runs given we have guys in Maine and Western NY, but these are the places I'm familiar... With other riders, I've done runs to Curtis' Ribs in Putney, VT to The Cookhouse in New Milford, CT, Gillette Castle and Devil's Hopyard in East Haddam, CT, in Litchfield County there's Kent Falls in Kent, CT and even frequent the Barkhamsted Reservoir and run up into the Pioneer Valley to Pittsfield of Western, MA. Northeastern CT is also a nice area around Bigelow Hollow area with a stop in Putnam, CT at the Vanilla Bean Cafe where there's always a gathering of motorcycles on the weekends of just about any make, including vintage rides sometimes. I've done visits to the hill climbs in Monson, MA, and we can check the race schedule for Loudon, NH, or even going to watch the drags at Lebanon Valley Dragway in NY. It also doesn't have to be a specific event or place as typically it's just having an excuse to ride. Anyone else have some ideas to throw out?
post #16 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 04:39 AM

Thumbs up

Great idea!!!
Dickson Larriu
Central CT
post #17 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 03:42 PM

Hi, Im Jim from Long Island NY. I just got a new (to me) 2003 V Star Classic, and love it.

Last edited by jimdalva; 04-16-2011 at 03:58 PM.
post #18 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 06:42 PM

Garage
^ Pictures?
post #19 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcat View Post
^ Pictures?
My V Star is so new (to me) that no pictures yet exist. But soon. Ive had it for 3 days, and its rained for 2 of them.
post #20 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 10:18 PM

Just north of Boston checking in. Just bought my 1100 Silverado. Switching over from a Suzuki Volusia. Posted some pics in the introduction area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode