I did it this past August, a couple things I learned
- DO reserve a hotel in advance - we figured with a ton of hotels, finding a place to stay would be easy, we were wrong, had to take the last room around and a not so good hotel
- We road from CT up through Mass on local roads, most of them were good
- DO look up events going on at the time you're going - found out the mountain was closed for a bicycle race the morning we went, we got lucky as it was open in the afternoon.
- DO check Kangamangus construction progress, we rode through gravel and dirt in the rain when we were there
- DO bring a cover for your bike - it rained overnight and was nice not to have to dry the bikes like the other guys at our hotel
- DO eat at the Red Fox Bar & Grille in Jackson, NH. We ate there for dinner on Saturday night and then came back for brunch on Sunday - both meals were excellent. It can get crowded so go early or late on the meal times for less wait time.
Holly - '93 Honda CR250
Vanessa - '04 650 Classic